Author Topic: progress update?  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Odin (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
progress update?
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »
Any news about this project?

Offline Detros

• Commander
Re: progress update?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
Follow C# Aurora Changes List thread or various Steve's posts.

EDIT: OK, that was for Aurora itself, sorry.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »
Yeah slowly. the architecture wasn't really working and I'm in the middle of a bit of a re-organisation of the base code. making progress. I hope.

The following users thanked this post: Manekaalecto, misora, waffel

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 05:22:37 AM »
I started looking at how orders were given to ships, colonies etc. the way this was done before wasn't fully working smoothly, and I realized that it needed to be done in such a way that wouldn't require me to rewrite it yet again when I came to look at networking stuff.
so I got something that looked like it might work, and figured I might as well implement some network stuff to be sure it did in fact work how I thought it would, all good, got a server and client connecting and talking to each other, but to send orders I needed the client to know about some things it could send orders too, so then I got caught up in exactly what the client should and shouldn't know, and ended up doing sensors and fog of war.
it looks like I'm going round in circles, but really I'm just bracketing the target. there's a bunch of things that are tied together, and need to work well with each other, I change how one works, and end up having to make a change in another.
Or maybe a bit like this:

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:13:35 AM »
Things have been a tad slow recently, I got a reasonable amount done since last post, but not quite there yet, there are some architecture/serialization/data hierarchy issues that needed addressing... and then things suddenly got a bit crazy at the new job.
I expected to have weekends free to work on this, but it's not been the case, c'est la vie.
It wont be like this forever though and I'll be able to put a bit more time into pulsar soon.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
Keep up the good work

The following users thanked this post: se5a