Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.0  (Read 84740 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.0
« Reply #765 on: December 16, 2023, 12:52:34 AM »
When building an organisation, right now the game will simply create all tasks at 100% power individually, building formations one by one. It would be nice the game tried to balance the GU construction output. Though I realise that is easier set than done (maybe balance sub-organisation by sub-organisation instead of the whole thing?).

Failing that, unlike construction, ordnance and fighter factories, the player cannot right now modify the % of GU construction capacity used, would be nice if we could - it would make my above suggestion less important.

I think this may be forced by the current implementation of organizations, since there can be a problem if the component formations are built out of order. By setting them to 100% it is easier to ensure that everything is built in the right order as long as the player doesn't screw it up on purpose.

Yeah I guess. The easy way to do it would be do condense an organisation build order into a single construction task and then spawn the required formations and structure when the task is complete.

But then you lose some the granularity of the construction system. Though if you are building things through the organisation tab maybe one doesn't care?

I personally wish it worked the other way around, and build the lowest level of units first. It shouldn't matter too often, but in a time-sensitive scenario I'd rather have the infantry regiments in the field before the super-expensive non-combat corps HQ, you know, just in case...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2023, 11:53:09 AM »
When building an organisation, right now the game will simply create all tasks at 100% power individually, building formations one by one. It would be nice the game tried to balance the GU construction output. Though I realise that is easier set than done (maybe balance sub-organisation by sub-organisation instead of the whole thing?).

Failing that, unlike construction, ordnance and fighter factories, the player cannot right now modify the % of GU construction capacity used, would be nice if we could - it would make my above suggestion less important.

I think this may be forced by the current implementation of organizations, since there can be a problem if the component formations are built out of order. By setting them to 100% it is easier to ensure that everything is built in the right order as long as the player doesn't screw it up on purpose.

Yeah I guess. The easy way to do it would be do condense an organisation build order into a single construction task and then spawn the required formations and structure when the task is complete.

But then you lose some the granularity of the construction system. Though if you are building things through the organisation tab maybe one doesn't care?

I personally wish it worked the other way around, and build the lowest level of units first. It shouldn't matter too often, but in a time-sensitive scenario I'd rather have the infantry regiments in the field before the super-expensive non-combat corps HQ, you know, just in case...

The idea here is if you want that you can still manually build formation by formation like we've been doing before ground orgs became a thing, which given that "It shouldn't matter too often" might be deemed an acceptable compromise.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2023, 12:18:12 AM »
Locking the topic as Steve has created a new Suggestion Thread.