Author Topic: SA Install files?  (Read 5234 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: SA Install files?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
Quote from: "Tregonsee"
I think a need a patch or patches for 6.4 or 6.6.  I have a disk from a friend with all of his files.  I downloaded 6.0, then moved over the starfire.exe, starfire.mdb, and the reports from the disk.  I got a error 3044 with a path file that he must of used on his computer and then a lot of error 92s.

What do I need to do?
SA allows you to use databases from different locations and it keeps a record of where the current database is loacted. When you moved the database to your PC, the program will still be looking for the database in the place it was located on his PC. If you have Access, you can open Report.mdb, go into the EnvVar table and change the path to Starfire.mdb. Otherwise, create the same path as your friends computer, put a copy of the database there so you can open it and then use the Select Database option on the Game menu to select the database you are going to use.

Steve

Offline Tregonsee

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: SA Install files?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 08:20:41 AM »
I was able to install again sucessfully.  Now I am typing in manually all of my ship and fleet data.  After that, I will try to upgrade the database so I can use it with 7.0.

Thanks again!

Steve G