Author Topic: is it possible to increase precursor spawn?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline LoSboccacc (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
is it possible to increase precursor spawn?
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »
I'm trying to get some random fight in a throwaway game I made to test out how carrier operations works out in practice before committing 100kt of resources on a hopeless fleet.

problem is, I'm now at ten system and I'm alone in space. Is there a way to spawn some precursor-level enemy and have some of their random designs to fight?

should I only keep trying or is there something to tune to increase them?
something akin to the npr spawn chance.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: is it possible to increase precursor spawn?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »
If you just want Precursors use SM Mode and place ruins on a system body.  That should also generate a possible set of Precursor ships.

Or you can do what I did to learn the systems... build player controlled NPR's and fight both sides.  Build one off games this way and try different approaches.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline LoSboccacc (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
If you just want Precursors use SM Mode and place ruins on a system body.  That should also generate a possible set of Precursor ships.

this, thank you  ;D

Offline LoSboccacc (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
I'm really luck or something, because I filled a system with ruins but no ship spawned  ???

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 01:36:03 PM »
Using sm mode to place ruins does not trigger any precursor ships in the system.  I don't know of any way to up the generation rate of any of the npr specials (swarm, invader, precursor)  If there is one it would probably require the database password currently.  If you really want to up the rate, I would put in a suggestion for it to be added to the game info screen.

Brian

Offline Mini

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »
You could also spawn a NPR, they wil make some ships very quickly you can test your fleet on. No garauntees of them being armed, however.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 05:22:29 AM »
Using SM mode to place ruins does not trigger any precursor ships in the system.

Yeah, sorry about that.  Myself and a few others who were setting up specific scenarios complained about our carefully-crafted starts being bombed out of existence at the 00:00:05 second mark by unexpected Precursors orbiting our homeworlds.

There was talk of adding an SM mode 'Random Precursor' button on the F9 (System) window, but I don't think it ever happened.