Author Topic: Aurora v5.54 Full Installation  (Read 275525 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Aurora v4.91 Full Installation
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »
Quote from: "RetSpline"
Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble getting this game to work, so I'll just post what I've tried to do so far, and everyone can jump in and tell me where I made some giant, glaring error that should have been obvious to anyone with a functioning brain stem  :)

I found the game, went to this post, downloaded the file, and ran setup.exe, making sure to click "yes" to keep my existing files. I extracted Auroraupdate491.zip into the installation direcetory (C:\Program Files\Aurora) using 7zip (the Windows extractor continually froze). I started the game with no error messages, and started going through the tutorial on the wiki.

At this point I played around for a few hours, getting used to everything and trying to figure stuff out. It was lots of fun, and definitely seems like my kind of game. There was something that bothered me though. Every time I moved time forward I got a cryptic "Error 91". Looking through the forums, I found this this post and figured I might as well update to 5.10.

I went here, downloaded the .zip, and extracted it to C:\Program Files\Aurora. When I started up the game, though, I got 4 "Error 3265"s in a row, and the New Game dialog box didn't show up. I started over, uninstalling the game, rebooting my computer, and installing everything again up to 5.10, getting the same errors when I tried again.

I looked around the forums a bit more, and decided that I might as well update to 5.14, hoping that would fix my problems. After unzipping it and running the game, I had the exact same errors. I selected the game and went to the Game menu, but there was no "v5.14 Data Update". I was getting frustrated at this point, and kept uninstalling and re-installing, trying new things and basically fiddling around with it to get it to work.

Eventually, I decided that I would just re-install 4.91 and deal with that small error as it wasn't really game-breaking or anything. This gets me the same problem as before, now: 4 "Error 3265"s, and the New Game Dialog showing up.

I'm running Windows 7 and have administrator privileges, if that matters.

Someone please help me with this, I just want it to work.

In Win7/Vista you are better off installing outside the program files directory. Even with admin rights, windows gets testy about manually copying files there.

I'd uninstall completely, then install outside of the program files, and update to 5.14 in the process.

Offline RetSpline

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Re: Aurora v4.91 Full Installation
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »
Ah, thank you very much, that solved it!

Offline Girlinhat

• Lieutenant
  • G
Re: Aurora v5.54 Full Installation
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »
Just to confirm here, I decided to reinstall my game to try and remove the mass of errors, and I could never get it to instal within ProgramFiles correctly (x86 because I'm on 64bit, but same deal).  I installed it to desktop instead (the installer will generate a new file for you if you give a non-existent directory) and it runs smooth.

Is it possible for the automatic installer to default to somewhere else?  With all the trouble windows causes, it seems like making the desktop the default instal would make things easier.  That, or never patch it and just do complete releases *shrug*

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks for the new full install.  It was getting a bit difficult to convince my friends to try out the game.  Great work.

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
My solution was to unzip the update file into a non-program files folder.  Then I copied the files and folders over.

Win7 doesn't like to create folders from a .zip in the program files folder.

Offline fremen

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • f
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:04 PM »
Hello.

Running the game 5. 60 got this message and cannot continue playing

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
please report to http. . . etc

Offline Admiral Kolchak

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »
I have installed the game correctly, but every time i create a custom game or try to adavnce the game, even by five seconds, it freezes and the computer says its not responding, have had NO previous Aurora version installed

Offline Admiral Kolchak

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 06:26:01 PM »
 Also; How the H*ll does one create a custom race, i looked in the wiki but i CANT figure out how to create a system, or the actual race itself!

P. S. , ignore my last post, my games just take FOREVER to calculate and advance

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »
F9 (system) screen for galaxy manipulation. It's best if you start a new game with non-sol start so you get a SM race to do the modifications with.

SM mode needs to be on!

Offline juv95hrn

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 01:08:06 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=1830. msg17403#msg17403 date=1260170305

Important: If you live in a country where the decimal separator is a comma, please change your regional settings to either UK or US (where the decimal separator is a period) when playing Aurora.  If you don't change this, you will get a LOT of errors.

N. B.  If you are trying to play and all you get is:

"Error 3061 was generated by DAO Database
Too few Parameters.  Expected 1"

Followed by:
"Error 3265 reported by DAO. Fields
Item not found in this collection"

Followed by a series of error 91s.

Either you didn't follow the installation instructions or you didn't change the decimal separator.  If you have been playing for a while with no problems and this error sequence appears then it may be something else and you can report it in the bugs thread.

Note: This was originally the thread for the v4. 75 and v4. 91 full installations.  I have edited it with the v5. 54 information but left the thread in place as it contains useful information

Steve

version 6. 21

Installing in another directory than program files fixed me being unable to start the game at all according to above.  I still get frequent crashes while playing though.  It might have to do with me having the wrong decimal separator.  Where do you change this? I have tried to change it under the Control Panel in windows7 with no success.  Please provide information on where and how you are supposed to change your regional settings for the game to work.  Much obliged. . .

Offline Brougal

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I have looked throught instructions and done necessary steps, but always get error 3075, which i believe is comma/peridot problem? thought I have been changing my region from Control panel's Time/region part, and I have googled it just to make sure I do it right, I still keep getting 3075 Error every time I click at any time button.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I have looked throught instructions and done necessary steps, but always get error 3075, which i believe is comma/peridot problem? thought I have been changing my region from Control panel's Time/region part, and I have googled it just to make sure I do it right, I still keep getting 3075 Error every time I click at any time button.

What is the full message on the error box?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »

Simply changing the region to U.S. or Canada is no longer necessarily enough.  Sometimes you have to explicitly change the 'Decimal Separator' from ',' to '.' - which is also done through the Control Panel but I'm not sure exactly where.

Offline Brougal

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=1830. msg73834#msg73834 date=1402523471
Simply changing the region to U. S.  or Canada is no longer necessarily enough.   Sometimes you have to explicitly change the 'Decimal Separator' from ',' to '. ' - which is also done through the Control Panel but I'm not sure exactly where.

Thank you, that worked  :)

Offline Deimos752

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »
I followed the instructions but after setting up Aurora and trying to play it I get error 3265 immediately. I don't know if this is related but when I set up Aurora it said:
An error occurred while registering the file
'C:\\Windows\System32\comct32. oxc'
I don't suppose any of you could help me?