Author Topic: Changing ground unit templates  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
Changing ground unit templates
« on: October 19, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
I have created a new unit template and changed my existing units to it, and even created replacement units with new equipment, but ground units never switched to the new one. Do I need to disband the old ones and create new ones?

I also tried removing some pieces of equipment from the template but nothing changed in units using it.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Changing ground unit templates
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 10:09:09 PM »
Existing troops don't upgrade when new equipment is released. You have to build new ones, just like you have to build new ships. There is no refit mechanism, either.

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 10:44:20 PM »
What are replacements then? The game lets me tick a unit as a replacements provider.

Also, how do logistics work? I tried having logistics in every unit but they get destroyed almost immediately. I now have them in my brigade HQs, serving in a support role, but logistics are still at 0% for my units after a few days of fighting. Why?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:05:04 PM »
What are replacements then? The game lets me tick a unit as a replacements provider.

Also, how do logistics work? I tried having logistics in every unit but they get destroyed almost immediately. I now have them in my brigade HQs, serving in a support role, but logistics are still at 0% for my units after a few days of fighting. Why?
Logistics units get used up by fighting.  If they're getting killed a lot, you may have forgotten to set them as non-combat when you designed them.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 12:48:19 AM »

Replacements serve to replace combat casualties. So you have your standard company and when it suffers casualties, it will draw new units from your replacement formation to restore itself to full complement (if the replacement formation has enough units).

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »
There was a bug in 1.11 that ground units would not replenish their supply out of combat. That might still be around.