Author Topic: OOC Comment and Update Thread  (Read 33068 times)

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: OOC Comment and Update Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
Because I'm one that just can't keep a secret, I just have to share the twist that happens this time.  I'll put it under a spoiler tag, though, just in case.

The ships are just fine, and would have scored two good kills, except the enemy ECM made the range difference just enough for them to get the last laugh. 

Offline Anarade Relle

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • A
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »
Bummer. A good enough result, through.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to say that updates may be a bit slow, as I'm probably going to have to switch ISPs soon.  This one's just too incompetent, and is leaving me without internet for days at a time, which I need for school and work (yet still charging me for it, of course).  I might have the next part out tomorrow though.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
Tonight I'll make a post with all the ship designs, with associated fluff.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
Okay, finally over that battle.  Dunno how long it'll take me to write up, or if I'll post normal events first, but I should update by Friday probably.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
Encouragement post <smile>

Enjoying your writeup

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
Heh, thanks.  Don't worry, I'm only slowing down because my writing has had to shift onto the five (yes five) term papers I have this semester.  I actually probably have enough material right now to make an update, just need the time to edit it into a proper format.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »
Was hoping to update this weekend, but been having computer problems (self inflicted).  Don't worry though, I've backed up all my stuff for this story.  Spring break is next week, and I'll have plenty of time then (assuming ME3 doesn't take up all my time).

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:01 PM »
Just caught up with your writing and wanted to give you a thumbs-up.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »
Well, playing again.  Finals week is here, which means my workload just decreased significantly.  Now lets hope i didn't lose track of anything in the meantime.  My notes might not have contained everything.

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
I just read all your posts.

I noticed that the lasers for your one ship have overly large capacitors.  A power requirement of 8/4 means that you need larger reactors.  A power requirement of 6/6 would have the same recharge time, be marginally cheaper, and need a smaller reactor.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
Yeah, that design was a rush job and I derped on it.  The panic wasn't totally limited to in character at the time, heh.  I needed new ships *NOW* and didn't have time to upgrade the laser liked I'd originally planned.  In my haste I forgot to scale back the capacitor x.x

Speaking of which, next update will have another "battle" for everyone, though not one worthy of a separate write up.  Was worthy of at least one rage quit on my part though.  (Don't worry, a small loss that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things)

Offline Anarade Relle

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • A
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »
Panic ship building is the best! Add's character to your ships when ten in-game years later you start thinking about if you should refit the ship or just consign to guard duty until it breaks down...

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
A lot of the current generation of ships in play are actually, as of my next post or two, in a rather unique spot.  Unlike the first generation ships, they still do have some use, but they are indeed being relegated to JP defense.  Also, unlike the program in place now, the new program is directly based on the old designs, instead of something new.

I hope to have the next post up sometime next week.  I've been distracted by writing an original space story (that borrows some of the physics from Aurora, as well as taking ship design inspiration from it).  Plus... well, not to give away too much, but the NPR I found is a doozey...  and when your "show of military force" gets blown out of the void... tends to cause rage quits...

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
Well, my summer has been a lot busier than I expected.  Sorry bout that.  I'm interested in continuing, but a combination of in game events, as well as several new versions coming out makes me question whether maybe starting a new, similarly themed work would be better.  (For reference, what was delaying the update before I poofed was finding a NPR that has 20,000 ton ships faster than my AMMs...)