Author Topic: directory structure  (Read 1923 times)

Offline samargh (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
directory structure
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »
HI guys,

had been tootling along with an erroring game of 5.42 (it worked enough that I wasn't going to complain) but am now upgrading to 6.21 and have realised that my original install didn't have any subfolders.

is there a list of the directory structures (and even perhaps filenames that should be in there) anywhere about?

cheers

Dave

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
Re: directory structure
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
Sounds like when you first installed you skipped the step of extracting the AuroraUpdateXXX.zip that contains all the folders. That zip is inside the full install zip.

Offline samargh (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »
I'm looking at it now and there are no subdirectories... its a flat folder structure

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:20:21 AM »
For the current Full install:

The setup.exe will install:
  • Aurora.exe
  • Stevefire.mdb
  • ST6UNST.LOG
  • 10 .bmp files
  • Many files to system directories

The AuroraUpdate554.zip contains:
Two updated files:
  • Aurora.exe
  • Stevefire.mdb
Five new folders:
  • Flags
  • Medals
  • Planetjpeg
  • Races
  • Ships

The Ships folder contains .gif files. The other four folders contain .jpg files. None of the folders contain sub folders. A couple contain .zip files but those are not used by the game.

The updated .exe expects the folders to be there when generating new systems and races, and throws errors if they're are not found.

There are at least a couple folders that may be created by the game; screenshots and Logs. (Logs is created at the root of the drive, unless you're using AcidWeb's portable version.)