Author Topic: how to shoot fighters ?  (Read 5751 times)

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
how to shoot fighters ?
« on: September 13, 2016, 07:10:01 AM »
So I have several fighters who harassing me and end up little by little destroy my ships , I create only three kinds of ships, 3 annti-missile ships, 3 Missile-Launch ships and a command ship with powerful passive and active sensors and jump the rest of the group But as I had planned such a case my anti- missile ships are versatile between anti- missile and anti -fighters , but I have the chance to hit raissonable has 12k km, but i upgrade the fire control range, where is the problem ? this is the design of my anti-missile ships :

Edward SR-2 class Anti-Missile Frigate    25 000 tons     963 Crew     23172.  5 BP      TCS 500  TH 249.  6  EM 0
3120 km/s     Armour 4-76     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 85     PPV 131.  5
Maint Life 13.  63 Years     MSP 49240    AFR 58%    IFR 0.  8%    1YR 493    5YR 7402    Max Repair 5250 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 11 months    Spare Berths 3   

ME 780 EP Internal Fusion Drive (2)    Power 780    Fuel Use 80.  93%    Signature 124.  8    Exp 13%
Fuel Capacity 1 850 000 Litres    Range 16.  5 billion km   (61 days at full power)

AMF Twin Gauss Cannon R4-100 Turret (10x8)    Range 40 000km     TS: 12600 km/s     Power 0-0     RM 4    ROF 5        1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
EX CIWS-200 (5x6)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20000 km/s     ROF 5       Base 50% To Hit
AMF Fire Control S02 100-50000 H40 (10)    Max Range: 200 000 km   TS: 50000 km/s     95 90 85 80 75 70 65 60 55 50

AMF Active Search Sensor MR330-R1 (40%) (1)     GPS 3000     Range 330.  0m km    MCR 35.  9m km    Resolution 1

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
"An army of lions led by a deer and less formidable than an army of deer led by a lion"

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: how to shoot fighters ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »
Your missile sensor is exceptional, and that beam fire control is definately capable of being used for antimissile or anti fighter work at Longer ranges than your gauss cannons so no problem there.
Your turrets however only have tracking speed of 12,000 km/s which is limiting, considering your firecontrol is capable of 50,000 km/s, but even that should be sufficient to hit early game fighters.
I need more information about the situation, are you having trouble hitting anything after jumping into a system? Sensors are affected by jump blindness for a short time after transit, also the blindness is far longer you use standard jump instead of squadron jump which is warships.
Are your Active sensors on? Perhaps your fire controls aren't set up correctly, what does the event log say?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
For sensors I knew that the sensors are very important so I investigate years of research on it so the enemy has a tonnage of 200 000t with a capacity of 120 or 100 fighters and has a speed of 4800 km/s and for fighters 10666 km/s and I do not know where does the problem, another issue unrelated , a Trans- newtonian NPR may not yet have the jump engine ? I met an NPR who jumped from no system it took them more than 30 years after their discovery to discover after doing a survey in a system of enemy I fight.   and sorry if my english are bad , i'm french and i'm use Google Translate <<
For the turret tracking speed i used 12000 km/s and not 50000km/s because the fighters of the enemy  speed is 10666 km/s , the problem is that? I must necessarily stabilize the tracking speed with the fire control ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:01:46 AM by GetStqned »
"An army of lions led by a deer and less formidable than an army of deer led by a lion"

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:07:28 AM »
Well, if you don't raise the turret to the same speed as the firecontrol then you're just wasting resources on the faster fire control because tracking speed will just be limited by whatever is slowest.
So it's best to have unified fire control and weapon or turret tracking speed.
It is a little hard to undertstand you but I'm sure you're having the same problem understanding me.
Edit: I'm sure there's someone around here who can give advice in French, I seem to recall someone uploading a French tutorial onto YouTube recently.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:12:44 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »
Thanks dude , I'll test it and I will give you the new ^^

Iranon

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »
The main problem against fighters isn't tracking speed, it's range.
Your fire control has a range of 200k, but your Gauss weaponry is limited to 40k.

I would up the Gauss turrets to 50k tracking speed (which is sufficient for most things you'd expect in most games) and possibly trim some range from the associated fire controls.

Then, if this ship is intended to deal with fighters, I would add some long-range weapons, with a tracking speed of at least 12k and the highest range weapon and fire control tech allow.
15cm lasers in fast-tracking turrets could do this without detracting from your anti-missile role: those are good at area defence while still allowing you to match the range of your fire control range at most tech levels.

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
Thank you dude , so the laser is more effective than Gauss Canon for Anti- Missile and Anti -Fighter ? And where i find technology to the range of Gauss Canon ? So I have to separate the functions and not create versatile turrets ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:05:38 AM by GetStqned »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »
Thank you dude , so the laser is more effective than Gauss Canon for Anti- Missile and Anti -Fighter ?
Not necessarily. While the laser will have better range, the gauss gets a multitude of shots off per barrel per increment while the laser gets one shot per increment per gun.
And where i find technology to the range of Gauss Canon?
Gauss Cannon Velocity.
So I have to separate the functions and not create versatile turrets ?
All depends on playstyle and overall design of the ships. I occasionally have heavy anti-missile/fighter turrets that can double as anti-ship.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:27:31 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »
Ok thanks guys I have my answer , sorry for taking your time ^^

Offline FrederickAlexander

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
Before redesigning your Beam Frigate, Have you considered missiles plus Small Craft? I usually dedicate certain ships to scan for fighters and have Interceptors with specialized AFMs (Anti-Fighter Missile) to take them out before they have a chance to do any damage to my ships. Since the fighter will most likely be designed for ships larger then a fighter or FAC you can have them sit out of range and kill hundreds of them with only a few fighters/FAC Interceptors.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:58:26 PM by FrederickAlexander »

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 01:02:03 PM »
So i'm still a beginner in Aurora ,and like all beginners I have a problem , the vicious circle in the creation of a ship , I need fuel, That Increase the AFR i need spaces Engineering , I'm too slow more engines, more fuel.    then advise me to do specialized ship, I did it but it is limited and sometimes I re-enters this circle but I'll take your advice to the letter and I will create special anti -fighters ship

EDIT : Another question how work the power plants/reactor ? i put a reactor in a experimental anti-fighters ship and also for a anti-missile ship its say 0 power capacitor , 12 power required
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:18:09 PM by GetStqned »

• F
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
It doesn't have to be specifically be a completely from scratch anti fighter ship... it can just be a normal missile ship that has it's Active scanners and Missile fire controls to engage fighters (between resolution 4-10). Then design small missiles that can fit in the range of you active sensor and has a warhead strength of at least 4. (This can be difficult so I personally use this Missile optimizing program:http://romalarapps.elasticbeanstalk.com/aurora/AuroraMissileDesign.aspx by Romalar1 on reddit)

If you use carriers  and fighter then replace your current box launchers on your fighter with smaller ones and design small short range missiles with 4 or more warhead strength. Most fighters don't have their own active sensors and rely on other ships so any fighter can usually counter them (assuming you remain undetected). Edit: Also you need to redesign Missle fire controls on said fighter to engage enemy fighters.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:26:59 PM by FrederickAlexander »

• F
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »
EDIT : Another question how work the power plants/reactor ? i put a reactor in a experimental anti-fighters ship and for also the for the anti-missile ship its say 0 power capacitor , 12 power required

If you go to design a reactor/powerplant,  it should say the amount of power it gives. How much power is the reactor you added?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:24:26 PM by FrederickAlexander »

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
So i have 10 turret , i think they need 12 power for 1 turret  so i create a power plant with a boost of 20% for 16% chance of explosion and with a size of 10, that's give me 120 power and if we do that 10v12 = 120 i need 120 power but my weapons still dont fire. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:48:46 PM by GetStqned »

• F
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 03:03:43 PM »
You should have multiple power plants if you don't want all your turrets to go down if the reactor gets hit. As for why your weapons don't fire, what does it say? Perhaps you should make sure there is More power then what is required at least.