Author Topic: Minerals will not displayed  (Read 1193 times)

Offline LobsterHorse (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • L
Minerals will not displayed
« on: April 10, 2023, 02:16:52 PM »
I use now the newest version of Aurora 4x, i have the Problem that i can t see Planets or moons on the left side of the Game, except the earth, with minerals on it.  When i click on the minerals tab, i only shows the Minerals on earth but there isn t enything else.
On the system View i can see that other Moons, like the venus, have Minerals, i find it pracpticable to see all at once on the left side, i had the same Problem 2 years ago when i have played it, anyone knows how i can solve this issue?

thanks for help!

• Petty Officer
  • L
Re: Minerals will not displayed
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 02:45:05 PM »
I also have tried now the mineral servey window, also nothing stands there, only the earth with it minerals, switching between all and sol, actualisies the game does also nothing.

Only in the system menu i can click on planets and moons and see that there are minerals.  All bodies in the sol system are surveyd of course.
Don t know what i can do by these bug. . .

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 04:12:37 PM »
This game has many things, when you don t know, crashes the game xD
I have put the game on desktop, that was the Problem. On another hardspace it function without Problems.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 08:10:18 PM »
It's extremely unlikely that there would be no minerals at all in Sol. Are you sure you've actually surveyed the system? Having the inner planets lack minerals is not rare but the comets at least should have some minerals on them. There are no bugs about mineral displays - trust me, that's a huge issue and it would have been found out by now if it was the case. More likely that something is wrong with your installation/game. It's little unclear from your posts what is exactly the problem.

Do you mean that this little window to the left shows nothing but Earth minerals?

That is normal for game start. It's only after you've surveyed your system using ships with Geological Survey Sensors that it will look different, like this:

If you are 100% sure that you have properly surveyed your system and that the System Information Window shows minerals on planets but this main view tab doesn't, I can only recommend that you delete your current Aurora installation and reinstall it from scratch. That's the safest way to do it since you have had issues in the past - it's possible that something has gone badly wrong with your setup.

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 09:03:12 AM »
im 100% sure that i have surved the system and the mineral tab is buggy by me.
In the system view when i click on a planet there stands that mars have minerals, in the other tabs mars don t shows uo.
I have out the aurora 4x install path away from desktop on another hard drive and now it function. I can now see on the Mineral tab the Minerals =)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 10:04:18 AM »
the mineral tab is buggy by me.

The mineral tab cannot be buggy for only one person. It either works or it doesn't, but it will be the same for everyone.

It sounds like there is something odd with your installation, because any mineral display bug would have been reported many, many times. I know you mentioned in a previous post that you are in a country with a period as the decimal separator. Did you change that for this installation?

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 02:04:46 PM »
yes i have changed the time to "english Great Britain"
i don t know what the Problem was, i only have installed the game now with the newest patches on a differant hard drive and now, i dont have any Issues. I like the game concept, thank you for the game Steve =)

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 03:20:05 PM »
yes i have changed the time to "english Great Britain"

the decimal separator is a different setting. The impact of the wrong time display format is only a cut of date display,
but the from decimal separator will mess up your installation in many places including mineral generation

Offline Marv

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »
Click the refresh button on the top.