Author Topic: Rank Issues  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Rank Issues
« on: August 13, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
A small number of players have reported issue with ranks, mainly that ground ranks appear as available for naval admin commands or that ground ranks are affected by the number of naval ranks.

I can't reproduce the issues, so if you have any consistent way of recreating this, please let me know in this thread.

Offline woxbel

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
Re: Rank Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 09:48:13 AM »
I had issues with ground ranks in another save.  The issue being: I noticed the Dutch only had 4 ranks and didn't like that so created an extra rank but the commanders are not able to be manually promoted to it.  I just redownloaded the database from the patch to make sure it was clean when recreating it.

Start a game Rank Theme: Netherlands Name Theme: Dutch. 
Go to the commander window and create another ground rank. 
Try to promote someone to it. 
The button won't be there if the commander is in the highest pre-existing rank.

I included the database I got from reproducing this.  Jozefien Aantjes doesn't have the promote button to get to the rank test.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 11:03:27 AM »
This is the same DB for my issues with the carrier (with a fixed 7z file that actually *includes* the DB!), but I am also one of the people who has issues with army ranks showing up in naval organization. Please take a look at my naval org, and compare it to my naval ranks.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 02:58:57 PM »
This is the same DB for my issues with the carrier (with a fixed 7z file that actually *includes* the DB!), but I am also one of the people who has issues with army ranks showing up in naval organization. Please take a look at my naval org, and compare it to my naval ranks.

Which rank theme are you using? Two people with the bug have now mentioned they were using the Netherlands theme, which strikes me an unusual coincidence.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 03:39:16 PM »
It looks like the problem only appears when the rank theme selected at race creation has fewer ground ranks than naval ranks.

This includes ASEAN, Australia, Danmark, Italia, Manticore (RMN) and Netherlands, which is 7 out of 68 themes.

If you have this bug, please can you confirm if your original selected rank theme is in the above list?

The following users thanked this post: woxbel