Author Topic: Missing Ship  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Zed 6 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Missing Ship
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »
I had 5 Grav survey ships. They transited and divided into a new system, did their surveys and returned to the jump point in December. I recombined them back into one task group. There they sat as  I did some other things and wait for the Geo survey group to get done. No contacts in this system. In February I moved them to an unexplored jump point which ended up going to an already explored system and they divided and I noticed there were only 4 now. A thorough review of the Event Updates shows nothing. No ship destruction, No ship exploded due to catastophic failure, no ship taken over by aliens, no ship for sale, no crew went insane and left for the Andromeda galaxy. No nothing and no ship. I just don't understand where it went. There is history for individual ships but is there history for a class? It is entirely possible I could have deleted said ship , maybe, not sure if this is possible, but I don't recall doing so.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Missing Ship
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:43:29 AM »
Depending on how you recombined the ships it is possible that one got deleted.  I always do it manually as one of the default orders can cause you to lose ships.

Brian

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
Depending on how you recombined the ships it is possible that one got deleted.  I always do it manually as one of the default orders can cause you to lose ships.

Brian

That or the system was named "Bermuda Triangle"....

John

Offline Zed 6 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
Thanks for the info. I thought I did do it manually. I'll keep a closer eye on things in the future. Yes that system should be renamed the Bermuda Triangle. I'll chalk it up to "oh well" and already building a replacement. Maybe that should be a suggestion- a very rare system that totally unexplained things happen in and we don't have the technology to understand what's going on.