Author Topic: 7 Dictators Community Game  (Read 31719 times)

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: 7 Dictators Community Game
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:15 AM »
I'm more than happy to put in the space stations if you guys want? I think that's the best idea. We can claim they were scientific research stations that have been repurposed, thus there previous silence in this battle

I'm good with whatever. Alternatively, since we are all Admirals and not Generals, perhaps we could each get a small task force of our designs SM'd in instead of we so choose?

Edit: By 'Small task force', I mean like 4 ships tops. Also, I have a habit of starting new pages in this subforum, it's starting to weird me out...
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2013, 03:04:21 AM »
Damn you Gidoran! Starting all these new pages! Shame on you and such!

These designs have a high RP cost, so rather than giving everyone individual bonuess OWP's, how about I give you each three OWP (one of each type) and you save these componenets in your separate games as the 'Starting Weapons'

EDIT

SO GUESS WHAT GUYS?

The point defense is doing nothing. The missiles move waaaay too fast, they're not in range long enough

AND EPSILON INDI IS UNDER ATTACK TOO

Well, not necessarily attack yet, but we have 3 Thermal 990 contacts and a fourth, apparently moving at 12500km/s

Putting it on the table: if you guys want a restart, I'm okay with that, but we might start smaller. If you want to battle on, I'm cool with that too.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:05:25 AM by Maharava »
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »
Okay, I have to back up Gidoran here: SM in a small group of ships for each sector. Remember, there are one BILLION colonists on each world - Why do we have zero ships of any kind? At this point there is absolutely no reason not to - If you give each sector roughly the same number of ships, it won't give anyone an unfair advantage. We've all given you designs, I presume, so, I'd send a PM asking each Admiral what they'd want deployed.

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »
The point defense is doing nothing. The missiles move waaaay too fast, they're not in range long enough
I worried about that. But even the 25cm railguns haven't done anything? They should have the range, and while their tracking speed isn't all that great, they should still be able to land a few shots.

Putting it on the table: if you guys want a restart, I'm okay with that, but we might start smaller. If you want to battle on, I'm cool with that too.

I wouldn't mind a restart by just using the game file you have from the dropbox so that everything is still roughly the same. SM in some standardized OWPs for each of the colonies, along with maybe a standard destroyer design that everyone can agree on. Give a group of 3 or so to each colony, maybe using slightly outdated tech. Should have enough forces present to ensure the colonies don't suffer from lack of PPV.

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • ?
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
Wait, how can the PD not fire? That's something that has actually never happened to me. Did you setup it correctly? F8 screen, select the fire control, assign the weapons and change Point Defence Mode to Final Defense Fire, click on Set Mode. Activate the sensors. That should work.

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »
Some people have mentioned problems with PD since the last few updates and how it hasn't been firing.

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
So... Have you ever actually ran a battle before? As you may be discovering, there are a few things to learn. If you did exactly as Pi said, and it's still not working, we ran into some freaky bug.

Me, I suggested fail (and fool)-proof CIWS. *grumpy*

As far as reversion goes, I'm with pulling back to Jan 1, and SMing in stuff THEN, as opposed to after everything starts getting blown up. I'd rather have some choice in what gets SMed in, but that's optional.

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
Yeah, at the moment pushing reset sounds good.

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
I wouldn't mind the new battlestations.
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
Yes, Nightstar, I have run battles before. To quote:

Great Wall MK.IR Anti Missile Fire Control targeting Missile Salvo #30 at 130k km range. Base chance to hit: 46%. No attempt to fire as weapon out of range.

No matter what I try, they always attempt to engage out of their own range. I have out them through ALL the point defense options.

Now, I've played with our options and the enemy ship ran out of missiles. Right now I'm loving the Great Walls because the <insert cuss word here> rammed one of them instead and it barely shivered.

Epsilon Indi still has contacts who are just orbiting the star for some reason

Reset?
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »
Honestly? I'm kinda for it.

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Yeah, that fire control needed to be set to 10k km final defensive fire. (Needs to be set to the minimum range!)

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2013, 05:02:52 PM »
Honestly? I'm kinda for it.

I fully endorse this message.  ;)

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »
If we reset we need to have a plan for dealing with this sort of thing in the next game.  I suggest we actually start the game with a basic military (or at least PDC/OWP) setup.  Having these major colonies out there with absolutely zero defenses just seems silly.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2013, 05:16:18 PM »
PDC's or system defense monitors probably, I think we'd best avoid a jump capable navy right off the bat, or perhaps restrict it to Sol only, given that the central government would probably want to have control over that, at least initially, I realize that gives and advantage to the Sol admiral so it may not be practical though.