Author Topic: Why can't I build my ships?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Untelligent (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • U
Why can't I build my ships?
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
I designed some freighters and set some of my unused shipyards to be able to build them. As soon as I did, the "add task" button in the Create Task section greyed out, rendering me unable to build the freighters. Additionally, I can't build my geosurvey ships anymore either, despite having built a couple of them earlier.

Why can't I build my ships? I have enough minerals, and the shipyards are big enough to build the ships.

Offline Mikeck

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Re: Why can't I build my ships?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
That's a known bug. Try retooling the shipyard for the same ship type and see if that works. If you mess around with retooling, I find that it fixes it.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »
Quote from: "Mikeck"
That's a known bug. Try retooling the shipyard for the same ship type and see if that works. If you mess around with retooling, I find that it fixes it.

I haven't run into this one, but I think if simply change the selections in the part that modifies the SY (e.g. capacity expansion, retool, etc.) it will ungrey.  You don't have to actually hit the "do it" button, i.e. you don't have to actually do a retool (I think).

There were a ton of posts on this, which eventually got to the workaround - I think they're in one of the official 5.x bugs stream in Bugs.

John

Offline Untelligent (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • U
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
Alright, thanks guys, changing the complex activity selection like sloan said let me build a ship, though after I built a ship I had to change the activity selection again to build another one. Odd, I've played the game a little before (on this same version) but I didn't come across this bug until now.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »
Quote from: "Untelligent"
Odd, I've played the game a little before (on this same version) but I didn't come across this bug until now.
Yeah, I don't think we've figured out _why_ it happens, we just know a way to get around the problem.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt