Author Topic: PDC help  (Read 1223 times)

Offline randal7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
PDC help
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:58 PM »
I've built a prefab PDC, transported it and a few factories to a colony. The factories are there,there is pop to run the factories, but there is nothing to select under assemble PDC on the industry screen. What am I missing?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: PDC help
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »
Quote from: "randal7"
I've built a prefab PDC, transported it and a few factories to a colony. The factories are there,there is pop to run the factories, but there is nothing to select under assemble PDC on the industry screen. What am I missing?
Are you sure that you transported all of modules you need.  When you designed the pdc at the bottom of the design screen it says how many modules are needed to build one base.  Make sure you actually transported them there.  As a note one module needs 5 cargo holds on a single ship or you will never get them transported.

A second note, many of the installations require 5 cargo hold multiples to be transported.  If a cargo ship only has 4 holds it can not take any part of the installation.

Brian

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
I had the same problem on my homeplanet once^^
Then I got an order up to build finally, deleted it, and the components were gone.
Best way is to use engineers, in my opinion.

Offline randal7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
I did only transport part, although I had plenty of room for all of it. Not sure how I did that. Thanks.

Was the size of PDCs increased in a newer version? I'm in 4.9-something and it showed all three sections only took up 15000 tons.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
I did only transport part, although I had plenty of room for all of it. Not sure how I did that. Thanks.

Was the size of PDCs increased in a newer version? I'm in 4.9-something and it showed all three sections only took up 15000 tons.
Maybe, but more likely I have the size wrong in my head.  I do not have the game handy to check on this laptop.

Brian

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"

Maybe, but more likely I have the size wrong in my head.  I do not have the game handy to check on this laptop.

I think it's one PDC component per hold, not 5 per hold.

John