Author Topic: Events Window unknown Tech Researched  (Read 1184 times)

Offline superstrijder15 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Events Window unknown Tech Researched
« on: September 22, 2022, 03:22:24 PM »
Not sure what is happening but I think this is a bug:

I have a very short event step and then suddenly a bunch of research projects show as complete in the events window but without a location. These are not research projects I have started or ever made. I think I may be seeing the NPR finishing research? But this hasn't happened before so it must only be research for specific techs that triggers it. I have attached the db file I saved right after (otherwise it would be like an hour before) and a screenshot of the events screen.

The following users thanked this post: Black

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Events Window unknown Tech Researched
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 03:40:40 PM »
Not sure what is happening but I think this is a bug:

I have a very short event step and then suddenly a bunch of research projects show as complete in the events window but without a location. These are not research projects I have started or ever made. I think I may be seeing the NPR finishing research? But this hasn't happened before so it must only be research for specific techs that triggers it. I have attached the db file I saved right after (otherwise it would be like an hour before) and a screenshot of the events screen.

Those are techs for guard formations of civilian mining colonies. Your first CMC was created and the guard formation with it. This is supposed to happen.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:42:36 PM by Black »

• s
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »
I forgot to say this, but I also cannot see the units I supposedly researched available in the formation builder. The techs are however visible if I go to completed technologies in the research window.

• s
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 04:07:23 PM »
Ah I see, thank you. I think it is still a weird way to show this though.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 05:29:55 AM »
I forgot to say this, but I also cannot see the units I supposedly researched available in the formation builder. The techs are however visible if I go to completed technologies in the research window.

If you want to see them in Ground Forces window:

Order of Battle tab - checkbox Show Civilian. This will show garrison formations that are deployed to protect CMCs.

Formation Templates tab - checkbox Show Civilian. You will see the units in left part of the window and can put them into your formations. On the right side, you will see Civilian Garrison formation. This is formation that will spawn automatically when CMC is created.

Unit Series tab - They can be seen here as well, you do not have to check any checkbox. They are under Infantry in the middle part of the window. If you decide to use these units, you will want to add them to Series so you can replace loses in your formations that use them.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15