Author Topic: Population merging?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Population merging?
« on: July 28, 2020, 02:14:14 PM »
Is there a way to merge 2 populations of the same species on the same body? Had a colony captured and then made a new colony, transported an armored brigade and re captured the first colony, now I have 2 colonies with Imperial populations...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
Re: Population merging?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »
Move everything fromn the new colony to the old one and then delete it.  You will need to use ships for that.
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »
This is the time when you use SM to simply add whatever population and structures you want to transfer. Just make sure you have stabilised the first population so both a similar (for RP purposes) then just use SM to add everything to one population and then delete the other.

Absolutely the simplest way of doing this and one of the reason SM is in the game to "fix" things like this.

I use it to divide population to form political or cultural division among colonies or nations as well.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »
This is the time when you use SM to simply add whatever population and structures you want to transfer. Just make sure you have stabilised the first population so both a similar (for RP purposes) then just use SM to add everything to one population and then delete the other.

Absolutely the simplest way of doing this and one of the reason SM is in the game to "fix" things like this.

I use it to divide population to form political or cultural division among colonies or nations as well.

I agree, SM for little things like this one in not cheating but just a workaround for something that should happen whitin the game mechanics

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 01:49:36 PM »
Yea I know, had a notion that it was "only" drag one colony over an pther and auto merging... ::)
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...