Author Topic: A question about Political Stability  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
A question about Political Stability
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:27:02 PM »
Steve -

The situation is as follows:
Homeworld population, 1.34 billion, requested protection level=742, actual protection level = 864

Old HW commander stats: Political Reliability=35, research=15, mining=30, and various combat related bonuses.

New HW commander stats: Political Reliability=20, Factory Prod=15, Pop Growth=25, Diplomacy=30

Everything was fine, I was sailing through year 27, when something started happening that I didn't understand.  I replaced the commander of the homeworld with a new commander (as above).  I immediately noticed that the HW's political stability modifier (PSM) began decreasing by a small amount every time advance (.0103 per five days).  Nothing else changed that I noticed (although it is always possible that something changed that I didn't notice).  The PSM steadily decreased every time advance, for no discernable reason.  

As noted above, the HW has enough protection, so I can't figure out what is going on.  Is the PSM tied to commanders in some way?  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:38:42 AM »
The reasons that a pop can gain Unrest Points (and therefore lower political stability) are as follows:

Insufficient Occupying Troops
Minority Status (for the population species) within an Empire
Insufficient Local Defence
Radiation
Overcrowding due to insufficient infrastructure

It doesn't sound like any of those apply in this case but please can you just confirm they don't.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:43:41 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
The reasons that a pop can gain Unrest Points (and therefore lower political stability) are as follows:

Insufficient Occupying Troops
Minority Status (for the population species) within an Empire
Insufficient Local Defence
Radiation
Overcrowding due to insufficient infrastructure

It doesn't sound like any of those apply in this case but please can you just confirm they don't.

Steve

This is a homeworld, so none of the above apply.  The race had no troops what-so-ever, as they are peaceniks, so the presence/absence shouldn't make any difference.  As it is the homeworld, minority status shouldn't be an issue, and they are the only race in the empire.  As you can see above, the requested protection level is lower than the actual protection level.  There is no radiation, and there is also no infrastructure.  

I ultimately solved this one by building and deploying several garrison units, but I suspect if I removed the garrison units the PSM would start falling again.  

Note: Twice I went into the SM Mod's screen and eliminated all unrest points, on the theory that the population might be accumulating more just because it has some points, but each time advance new unrest points appeared.  

This isn't a major problem, but it is perplexing, because I cannot find a reason for it.  I even tried reinstating the old governor, but that didn't work either.  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »