Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55170 times)

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 12:26:31 PM »
The Events and the Create Research Project windows don't remember their positions between sessions any more (they did in 1.9.5).

I would argue that all windows should remember their positions and states (checkboxes and radio buttons selected, lists expanded etc.). I presume that is to avoid false bug reports, but that would be like killing a mosquito with a cannon. The build process could reset all options once, before sharing (or at least per game/campaign), and then everyone could setup their preferred UI environment.

Asked Steve if WAI
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:33:13 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
The ELINT sensor doesn't work as a passive EM sensor, unless a target is detected through other passive means.
This is weird, because you cannot use ELINT sensor on a population, unless have a passive thermal sensor to detect it (or a dedicated passive EM sensor).

I've attached a DB with a test case. Earth has colonies and ships that aren't detected through ELINT's EM sensor. Mars has colonies and ships that are detected through thermal sensors, that causes the ELINT's EM sensor to also detect their EM signatures.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:26:52 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Galaxy map
What you were doing at the time: testing galaxy generation
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? simple but time consuming

New systems in the galaxy map use their parent system's longest connection line to determine their location.  This causes automatic mapping to spread out to an extreme degree.  Automatic mapping should either use a fixed length and only extend beyond that if free space can't be found or it should use the shortest existing connection from the parent system as a guide instead of the longest.

Do you happen to have a db or at least a picture showing this?

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »
The window affected: Galaxy map
What you were doing at the time: testing galaxy generation
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? simple but time consuming

New systems in the galaxy map use their parent system's longest connection line to determine their location.  This causes automatic mapping to spread out to an extreme degree.  Automatic mapping should either use a fixed length and only extend beyond that if free space can't be found or it should use the shortest existing connection from the parent system as a guide instead of the longest.

Do you happen to have a db or at least a picture showing this?

The game in this report shows the problem and also has two systems on top of the starting system (highlighted in blue).  Try scrolling to the northwest, northeast, and southeast limits.  I haven't moved any systems from their default placement.  Also, the longest link isn't always used.  I'm not certain what causes it.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg135536#msg135536
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:42:50 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline baronjutter

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 08:43:23 PM »
I have a bug I've noticed since I first started playing in 1.      9.      3 which continues to be a problem.     

If an AI ship is attempting to ram you, and you out-run them and leave the system you will be forever spammed with messages like this until you go back and destroy the ships.     
https://puu. sh/FRerW/235baaf734. png

I have a save where this is currently happening if that would help.     

Reported
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:20:12 AM by Bughunter »

Offline baronjutter

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2020, 08:47:12 PM »
I currently have a save where every time I try to open the game it gives me a few error messages. 
1.  11.  0 Function #1333: The given key was not present in the dictionary
1.  11.  0 Function #1341: The given key was not present in the dictionary

This only began after the above bug with AI ships attempting to ram and failing.    Again, I have a save that will produce these errors the moment you load the game. 
Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:34:45 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 12:14:21 AM »
The window affected:Class Design
What you were doing at the time:Spawning my newly designed Troop Transport using the build points the game had given me ages ago, and that I forgot existed
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Started as Real stars, decided numbers dont make good names, changed to random with 0% local sistem gen chance and 15 spread.
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: not sure how I would even try to
Campaign is about 37 years long
When I built the ship using the build points, the name of the class changed to the name of one of my (newly created) naval admin commands.
I did select the name, and had just created the naval admin, so maybe that would be a way to try and reproduce it, but then it is probably a one-off, since I had done that before, and didn't have any problems
I did change the name of the ship later to what it was supposed to be.

Failed to reproduce - but did not use old build points. Anyway not worth spending the time on. You still did the right thing to report it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:43:29 PM by Bughunter »
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Thrake

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
The window affected: Event log
What you were doing at the time: Trying to decipher alien grunting in the Ardèche system
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: First time meeting this little bug

The event log mentions aliens that I never met (aliens #197) when the system is full of aliens #198, there's apparently a single ship only which is likely the diplomacy ship of the same alien race in which system my own diplomatic ship is.

My fleet is Ardèche ambassy trying to decipher alien grunting in the Ardèche system.

Edit: the following is not a bug, so spoilering it.

The window affected: Galactic map
What you were doing at the time: checking star system distances.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: it is bugged since pretty much the start of the game

Another issue I found is that the distance in the galactic view is wrong.

If you look at the distance from Sol to Allier, it shows 8.6. Distance to one system further, Apennins is 8. If I take a random fleet starting from Earth (Mass driver), it will take 30 days to go to Allier and 70 to go to Appenins, using autoroute by system. Another system linked to Allier, Alpes Maritime shows the same distance than Allier, (8.6), and a system farther, Bouches du Wesser is at 8.3 distance. I know time is relative, but that looks a little bit too relative to me.

What happened is that I discovered a connection beetween Horses and Allier that did not exist when I generated the Horses system. I wonder if generating the new connection, which is a shortcut to Appenins did not lead to a correct updating of all the system distances.

There are more distances which look wrong, but that one is pretty obvious. Another exemple could be system Aube, which is supposedly farther away than Frenchmen but I need to cross Aube to go to Frenchmen.

Not a bug
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:48:19 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2020, 10:03:02 AM »
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Economics/environment
What you were doing at the time: conquering a conventional npr
Random or Real Stars: real stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: 2nd time in as many games, shouldn't be too hard to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: about 30 years in

The planet the NPR was on had too much CO2 and a colony cost of 2 for them. 

Offline Latrone

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2020, 10:13:17 AM »
The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected Summary/Environment Tab of the Economics window
What you were doing at the time Terraforming a body
Conventional start
Random Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Uncertain
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Currently 123 years in

I'm not entirely certain that this is a bug, or a consequence of the terraforming code.
I have Terraformed a moon, it's colony cost was a 0, it's hydro extent was 30 and it's terrain was classified as desert.
As soon as the hydro extent increaced to 40 the moon became barren.  This is the "problem" I think that based on the parameters (the parameters for barren geing so broad) Aurora had to choose which terrain should be applied to the moon, and it had to choose between something like prairie and barren and it chose barren.  Now mechanically there is no difference, so if this is a bug it's bearly a bug.  But I still thought it might not exactly be WAI so that's why I mention it.

WAI, you can post ideas on how to improve the terrain parameters in suggestions
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:55:09 PM by Bughunter »

Offline SevenOfCarina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2020, 10:26:22 AM »
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: it is bugged since pretty much the start of the game

If you look at the distance from Sol to Allier, it shows 8.6. Distance to one system further, Apennins is 8. If I take a random fleet starting from Earth (Mass driver), it will take 30 days to go to Allier and 70 to go to Appenins, using autoroute by system. Another system linked to Allier, Alpes Maritime shows the same distance than Allier, (8.6), and a system farther, Bouches du Wesser is at 8.3 distance. I know time is relative, but that looks a little bit too relative to me.

What happened is that I discovered a connection beetween Horses and Allier that did not exist when I generated the Horses system. I wonder if generating the new connection, which is a shortcut to Appenins did not lead to a correct updating of all the system distances.

There are more distances which look wrong, but that one is pretty obvious. Another exemple could be system Aube, which is supposedly farther away than Frenchmen but I need to cross Aube to go to Frenchmen.

This might not actually be a bug. As I understand, the displayed transit distance and time are calculated from the primary of the staring system to the primary of the destination system, so this might happen if the jump points along the way are close enough together.

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter, Thrake

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
Missiles unexpected lost target and self-destruct when firing missiles at shipyards. This is first brought up in http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11574.0

The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: testing
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: easy to reproduce.

In the attached DB, Earth Federation's Battle Fleet is targeting Martian shipyards. Order them to fire, and the missiles will self-destruct 1 tick after launch.

Confirmed, thanks for the test setup
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:00:21 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2020, 10:35:23 AM »
Missiles unexpected lost target and self-destruct when firing missiles at shipyards. This is first brought up in http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11574.0

The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: testing
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: easy to reproduce.

In the attached DB, Earth Federation's Battle Fleet is targeting Martian shipyards. Order them to fire, and the missiles will self-destruct 1 tick after launch.

I think this is similar to how STO's give an error message when firing on shipyards. I think that should be checked out too as that one at least gives an error

bottom of the list of bugs in that 1 post I made:

The function number - 311
The complete error text - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected - Tactical map / Ground forces
What you were doing at the time - Doing some ground combat testing, Firing STO's at shipyards.
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - random
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Any time.

I got this error when I fired at shipyards using STO's. The STO's fire but at nothing. There are energy weapon impacts.

Noted and will look into your report later
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:04:21 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Thrake

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »

This might not actually be a bug. As I understand, the displayed transit distance and time are calculated from the primary of the staring system to the primary of the destination system, so this might happen if the jump points along the way are close enough together.

You are right, thanks. Using waypoints, I could confirm that the farther system has a shorter path leading to its star. I'm editing the previous post accordingly.

Offline baronjutter

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »
Here's my save that has the "not found in dictionary" error spam as well as the failed to ram spam.