Author Topic: First Turn tommorow!  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
First Turn tommorow!
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »
Ministers please give me a short and quick rundown of what you wish to do with your particular ministry here, so that when I get home tomorow and run the FIRST TURN OF OUR GAME (YAYYYY) I wont have to hunt the board for it and risk getting the wrong choice.  that said,   on the research labs were we going to allocate all 15 labs to Mr. J.Winston for the Civilian engine?  if we do the technology will be done by the 20th leaving 11 more days for a second research AND give us everything for extreamly basic survey and cargo ships (basic being an engine, cargobay/survey sensor,  and the bridge,crew quarters, fuel and engineering)   Does that mean we wish to start producing a ship as soon as the enigne is set? do we have a ready design for that?   Also there is no administrator for Earth in the game,  and I dont think we have a ministry set up for that,  does that fall to el presidente or should we vote?

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: First Turn tommorow!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »
[ooc]Detjen I think you need to pummel through the turns, if a ministry has not given you the information to carry on that is their issue not yours I would just classify the ministry as inefficient you cannot stop for a department, otherwise the progress of the game will suffer. I think Ministers need to give future planning and then change it if they need to it better then no planning. I would suggest our Minister make policies so it allows Detjen to provide an outline of what to do in situations, from nothing to something.

As stated elsewhere I want a survey team setup on Earth, unfortunately nothing else can be completed until the Commercial Yard is created, and atleast expanded for 3000 Tons, which will be about a 8months to a year away. Then I would start geosurveying the solar system but I need the solar system stats first to determine order. Any other details you nede you should be able to get from the Survey Ministry.
[/ooc]

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:27:31 PM by ardem »

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »
[ooc]Similarly, the military has nothing in particular to do until ship components are designed, the design has already been chosen and all that is left is to argue with the technology minister about priorities[/ooc]

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »
[ooc]The survey design that I submitted can be built in the military yard as soon as we have the engine tech. And I would recommend we go ahead and do that. I think we've got a basic tech research path lain out currently and the industry allocations so we're probably good for first few turns. [/ooc]

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:38:55 AM »
[ooc] Yes I only just found out about that civilian ships can be build in a military shipyard, is that a bug or intended design, if it is a bug I would prefer to wait till civilian is completed, if it is as intended I be happy to start, also I have given my deputy the design selection duties[/ooc]

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »
[ooc]It is not a bug, people just use civilian shipyard because they are cheaper.

As for Commerce, nothing to be done yet either.[/occ]

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »
Report to Factory Managers
Ministry of Infrastructure

25% Construction Factories
10% Manned Mines
40% Commercial Shipyard
25% Winston-Payne Academy

Construction Factories and Manned Mines are constant expansions.
[ooc]Which means putting in 9999999 or as much as can be built in one year repeated every year which would be approximately 9 construction factories an approximately 4 Manned Mines the second choice gives a more reasonable projected usage amount in the mining/maintenance window, but requires a little more input. These numbers are based on 420 factories, no governor, and no tech (10 BP per factory) so it would be 4200, there is 20 coming from engineering brigades, but that is ridiculously little as it adds a sixth of a factory or mine.[/ooc]

Commercial Shipyard and WP Academy (name change possible) are one time projects, which will be done on June 2, 2026 and April 9, 2027 respectively, and once they are done the policy will be as follows, with research labs waiting until WP Academy is done (subject to change):

25% Construction Factories
10% Manned Mines
40% Military Shipyard
25% Research Labs

Research Lab, Construction Factories, and Manned Mines are continual expansions.
[ooc]Which is but .4375 of a research lab per year at this rate so just type in 1 or, like above, 999999.[/ooc]
Once the Military Shipyard is built the policy will be as thus (almost certain to change)

50% Construction Factories
20% Manned Mines
30% Research Labs

[ooc]The numbers for this one are the same as above but doubled, while the research lab isn't changed much, so leave it at one and change every time a lab is built.
Note that the numbers will change a bit as new Construction Factories are constantly being built, but those calculations are much more complex, but I can get them done if required. [/ooc]

Report to Shipyard #1
Ministry of Infrastructure

Name Change to Sori Shipyard

Nothing further as there is nothing to build and the designs are at 9,000 tons already. New slipway production has a very high chance of being interrupted by having to do initial retooling.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

[ooc] I support Senator Winston's idea to plow through turns, perhaps an entire year or more, but until elections come would be best. [/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:18:13 PM by areyoua »

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »
Monday was my planned set turn process anyways so Im not waiting on anyone :p i just wanted to organize it all into one screen.  as for pushing multiple months I agree,  at least for the first few months or so until we actually get tho the point that we need to slow down and keep up.  Im imputing the data now, and will have turn process in a little

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
Delay in turn im gonna go get some food first so yall got 20-30 min before I start throwing thigns up.  before I finish this turn though when I get back, do we have a survey ship to build?

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
[ooc] Unfortunately no, you just need to press on without it, not sure how many turn you doing in one hit but, I think research for military is still a long while away. Even if the design is approved the Infrastruture depart has to approve building.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:18:51 PM by ardem »

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »
I believe we should add 2 additional slipways to the navy yard and then configure it for the Columbus.

--Orion

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
Doesn't the Naval Minister get to decide how the naval yards are allocated?

Sen. John Davros

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
To Senator Starion, Yes, indeed we could, but the time to do that is around 7-8 years at present tech levels, and that seems like too long of a time to put our only shipyard out of service. Additionally, the Columbus has not yet been given final approval by Survey.

To Senator Davros, that was discussed, but never officially voted on. Personally, I think that would be a bad idea as it would give the Military too much control over the Civilian Government as it would then need nothing to create a massive amount of military forces at the expense of minerals for everyone else and a considerable chance of a military coup, no offense to the Vice admiral.[ooc] Who still has no name.[/ooc]

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
I am just trying to figure out who decides what ships get built. I'd expect the Naval Minister to have control over current naval yards, the Infrastructure Minister has control over existing civilian yards, and a third party (or the Senate as a whole) decides when and where new yards are built.

Sen. John Davros

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »
Currently all ship production is Infrastructure Minister duity.   I did suggest before the beginning of the game we give the civlian to the commerce minister and military to the military minister,  but it was shot down :P  this of course was before the start, and only one or two shot it down, it oculd possibly still be passed if someone wanted ot put forth the proposal.

The turn is done I went only one month cause I felt it would just suck going four months with an empyt shipyard.  BUT to make up for it next turn we will go 6-8 months, probly 6,  into july So everyone prepare accordingly