Author Topic: Tractor beams  (Read 2025 times)

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
Tractor beams
« on: April 24, 2020, 03:36:17 PM »
Has tractor tugging been implemented in C# yet? Ive built a tug (w TB) but cant find orders to tow

Legemaine

Offline Sparhawk814

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
Re: Tractor beams
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:42:10 PM »
So I've not been able to tow a ship within the same task group as the Tug but if I detach/place it in a different group you just have to target that fleet and choose "Tractor specified" or "Tractor any ship in fleet" and that will execute the order.   Once you have the towed object where you want it you choose the Release move order.

I'm away from my PC right now but I'll try and add some screen shots if no one else does!

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:44 PM »
Hi, where should I see the Tow option - I was assuming under Standing Orders?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 11:35:06 PM »
Hi, where should I see the Tow option - I was assuming under Standing Orders?

No; under movement orders.  (And you can't issue movement orders to shipyard fleets.)

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 12:23:17 AM »
Ok, now I must be doing something differently as I am seeing a Tractor function option - but only to move a shipyard. 

I have both tug and OH in separate fleets at Earth.  I select the Tug fleet, movement order, Earth and I get a list of options that includes 'Tractor specified shipyard' but no other tractor options.  How do I specify the OH?

Cheers

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 12:26:40 AM »
Ok, now I must be doing something differently as I am seeing a Tractor function option - but only to move a shipyard. 

I have both tug and OH in separate fleets at Earth.  I select the Tug fleet, movement order, Earth and I get a list of options that includes 'Tractor specified shipyard' but no other tractor options.  How do I specify the OH?

Cheers
Select the Fleets checkbox, then select the fleet your target ship is in.

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 12:35:41 AM »
The Tug has to have the "Ship to Ship Tractor Beam" Component (Researched under Logistics) Installed
Target a Fleet to Tow a ship, the ship will be moved into the Tug fleet.
If there is a Fleet you want to Pull it in, Target the fleet and choose th "Release Tractored Ship", this will move the Traktored ship into the Target Fleet after Tugging.

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 12:42:34 AM »
I must be thick, but still struggling.  I've attached a pic.  I'm trying to use Tug Section 1 to pull Orbital Habitat fleet.  In the move orders for TS1 I get an option to tractor a shipyard (so the tractor beam is working) but I can't figure out how to select the OH fleet - there doesnt seem to be an option

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 12:54:41 AM »
You selected Earth as Target where only the Spaceyard is that can be towed. abover the order list there are numerous checkboxes, one say "Fleet".
Enable this checkbox to see Fleets and choose it as a target, you can now Tow specific ships out or into these fleets

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 01:07:28 AM »
Thank you all - I must be blind, I looked through that list multiple times but couldn't see fleet.  All is now clear. . .

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
Thank you all - I must be blind, I looked through that list multiple times but couldn't see fleet.  All is now clear. . .
not blind, just human. I almost posted this here too a couple days ago
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.