Author Topic: Saving conditional orders  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Saving conditional orders
« on: December 17, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
Is is possible to save a set of conditional/primary orders to use again later in the same sort of manner for standard orders? I have an exploration carrier and it is becoming tedious to have to setup the fuel below x%/supply below x%/survey next body for each of the survey ships that are docked at the main carrier.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Saving conditional orders
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 10:06:24 AM »
It is not possible as far as I know.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 07:13:01 PM »
If you put the conditionals on the mothership, they are be copied to sub-formations automatically when you use the "divide into single ships" or "detach tankers" or other similar commands for the TG. That way you only have to do them once.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »
If you put the conditionals on the mothership, they are be copied to sub-formations automatically when you use the "divide into single ships" or "detach tankers" or other similar commands for the TG. That way you only have to do them once.
Or copy orders to subordinate formations under the special orders tab in the TG window with conditional and default orders boxes checked (make sure to have the superior formation have an order).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »
Well far from ideal but it is a step in the right direction so thanks for the tips.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
Is is possible to save a set of conditional/primary orders to use again later in the same sort of manner for standard orders? I have an exploration carrier and it is becoming tedious to have to setup the fuel below x%/supply below x%/survey next body for each of the survey ships that are docked at the main carrier.
I was planning for some time to make an all around carrier tutorial, because I use them so much and have greatly improved in my time in order to make the procedures as easy and unburdening as possible. This will include fighter carriers, survey carriers, and also planetary hangars + other huge capital carriers.

I will do this finally around 28.+, because christmas etc. . The only reason I delayed it so much, is because I cannot effectively show anything as long as my game has an active NPR around that I found.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy