Author Topic: Do generated NPRs ever start with colonies outside their home system?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
I dont think so they may however start with enough tech to start colonizing right away tho.

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
As far as I remember it is or was that way that if the player found an NPR by jumping into the appropriate system, and by techlevel it was appropriate for it to have colonies, it would generate the homesystem behind that and put a buffer system to the point the player just entered, with a colony from the new NPR.
But don't quote me on that.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
As far as I remember it is or was that way that if the player found an NPR by jumping into the appropriate system, and by techlevel it was appropriate for it to have colonies, it would generate the homesystem behind that and put a buffer system to the point the player just entered, with a colony from the new NPR.
But don't quote me on that.

SA (Starfire Assistant) used to do this.  I'm pretty sure Aurora does not (since Steve can't be sure of generating a suitable home world randomly), but I could be wrong - it's been a long time.

John

PS - Please read the "Where should I post" FAQ.  Questions like this are probably better off in The Academy.  Thanks!

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
No, but they can found colonies fairly quickly

Steve