Author Topic: One planet war  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Sudragon2k3 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
One planet war
« on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »
I recently started a game with 2 empires on the starting planet.  Having just defeated the other empires capital in a drawn out campaign (including 2 vault robot incursions I'm wondering, is there a quick way to loot the enemy? Or do I need freighters on zero distance hops? And how to transfer the captuered shipyards? Do i need to do it the old fashioned way and wait for the invention of tractor beams?

Rob

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: One planet war
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
Well, you can just use SM-mode and give the facilities and shipyards to your race and remove them from your enemy.
As you both live on the same planet, I wouldn´t consider this cheating.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Deoxy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »
Having lost a colony to *spoiler*, I then set up another colony on the same planet and moved on with life (using espionage on the *spoilers* - heh).  Eventually, when I re-unified the planet, the only way I could find to really get them back together was using freighters.  Lame, but it didn't take any significant game time to accomplish, really.  Play time and micromanagement, yeah, but if you have a problem with that, you're playing the wrong game, eh?  :-)

Offline Sudragon2k3 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:30:11 PM »
True  ;D

I've set it up with the subjugated population responsible for mining.  The minerals are delivered by mass driver and the two populations count as 'trade' locations, so the civvie freight lines are happy.

On the other hand i've just seen one of his ships transit the system, so he might have got an colony effort away before the tanks rolled through his capital.  Time to rebuild the fleet.

Offline Deoxy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »
the two populations count as 'trade' locations, so the civvie freight lines are happy.

Yes, if you don't mind the headache, then having to "colonies" on the same planet makes for GREAT income.  Just be careful about civilian colonist movements - having two colonies VERY close together (moons of the same world), I suddenly had my capital running short on labor... ???  OH CRAP!  Over half the population had been moved to the nearby colony, which was doing NOTHING.