Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 65417 times)

Offline Konisforce

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
About the Asteroid miner bug, it seems that this issue occurs even if the arriving task group of asteroid miners doesn't join the existing TG, so the total asteroid mining capacity is only calculated when asteroid miners arrive on an asteroid that has no asteroid miners present.

I've found the same bug if I try have a group of asteroid miners (or terraformers, same issue) join a task group already in orbit of a colony, but with both miners and terraformers if I send the incoming fleet to the colony first with a "move to" and then have them join the TG, it works fine.  Are you having the incoming fleet move to the current fleet w/o joining, or to the colony?
Come take a look at Victoria Regina, an old-timey AAR

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »
Konisforce is correct, this only happens when you set the fleet as the move to target, if you move to the planet/asteroid then join, there's no problem.

Thanks for the work-around, I was having to make the fleets move away from the planet and move back which was annoying (to say the least).

Offline Varee

• V
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
I am getting error 6, Error in CheckMissileInterceptions
Error 6
Overflow

There a missle targeted at a fleet but then another fleet mov into the path of the missle and active there sensors, i guess there are trying to shoot down the missile but failing or something
so i turn auto turn on and click 1 hour and walk away for a bit but when i come back it keep throwing error 6 nad proceeding 5 sec at a time
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:03:06 AM by Varee »

Offline FyrenEyce

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »
Got a different asteroid miner bug here in v6. 21.  I made an AM with it's own engines and ordered it out to a nearby comet along with a frieghter to drop off a mass driver (2 separate fleets of 1 ship each).  The frieghter finished it's orders just fine but when i went to check on the AM the ship was reported as being at the comet, while it's task group was still at Earth (remember this is the only ship in the TG).  I restarted Aurora and the ship was back in it's TG, but back at earth and now it doesn't respond to any orders at all. 

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2013, 05:18:29 AM »
I have some... strange civilian issues.

Here is a map of the region :

Sol, Barnards, Wolf 1061 and 70 Ophiuchi are the only populated systems.
There's only one NPR with trade access, 5 jumps away from Sol & Barnard (down the Lalande/Luyten 674-15/YZ Canis Min. chain) so it's probably not relevant

* On a Sol-Wolf 1061 run, a lot (maybe all?) of the civilians takes the "scenic" route of Sol -> Barnards -> Lalande -> 61 Cygni -> Barnards (AGAIN!) -> Wolf 1061.

* On an internal Sol run (6 habitable planets on the same system makes for a lot of trade opportunities), Civilians takes the Sol -> Luyten 726-8 -> Lacaille -> Sirius -> Sol route...

Now, It's not like i'm against sightseeing, but the shipping lines should fire those ship captains for wasting company ressources. Unless they're paid by travelled miles instead of the true trip distance, like some unscrupulous taxi drivers...

I suppose there's somewhere in the source code a part supposed to prioritize long distance hauls, but don't works as expected... The algorithm seems to be on the lines of :
- Look at all trade opportunities
- Compute the *longest* route for each trade deal
- Choose the deal with the longuest route.
- Use the computed route

While the second step should always be "compute the *shortest* route"

--------------------------------------

Again about civilians : my propulsion expert discovered Magneto-plasma drives 4 years ago, a new shipping line happily build L4, C4 and F4, but the 3 olders lines still build older Ion-propelled ships, even after I made those designs obsolete manually...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:26:16 AM by Cocyte »

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
Decimal separator is not only thing that need to be set correctly to fix database problems.

Thousand separator have to be comma or space. If it will be set to dot it will break ship designer (Almost empty summary display).

Offline s20dan

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
I started getting this error every month or so after I had built a 1.  5 Mton ship and 500 fighters:
Code: [Select]
11th November 2052 12:01:31,SM Only,System 0,Error in ApplyMaintenanceFailure
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html
But after docking all the fighters and running maintenance on the large ship it seems to have gone away. 

Edit:  And then it came back again :)  Every month it happens.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:55:52 PM by s20dan »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »
I have some... strange civilian issues.

Here is a map of the region :

Sol, Barnards, Wolf 1061 and 70 Ophiuchi are the only populated systems.
There's only one NPR with trade access, 5 jumps away from Sol & Barnard (down the Lalande/Luyten 674-15/YZ Canis Min. chain) so it's probably not relevant

* On a Sol-Wolf 1061 run, a lot (maybe all?) of the civilians takes the "scenic" route of Sol -> Barnards -> Lalande -> 61 Cygni -> Barnards (AGAIN!) -> Wolf 1061.

* On an internal Sol run (6 habitable planets on the same system makes for a lot of trade opportunities), Civilians takes the Sol -> Luyten 726-8 -> Lacaille -> Sirius -> Sol route...

Now, It's not like i'm against sightseeing, but the shipping lines should fire those ship captains for wasting company ressources. Unless they're paid by travelled miles instead of the true trip distance, like some unscrupulous taxi drivers...

I suppose there's somewhere in the source code a part supposed to prioritize long distance hauls, but don't works as expected... The algorithm seems to be on the lines of :
- Look at all trade opportunities
- Compute the *longest* route for each trade deal
- Choose the deal with the longuest route.
- Use the computed route

While the second step should always be "compute the *shortest* route"

--------------------------------------

Again about civilians : my propulsion expert discovered Magneto-plasma drives 4 years ago, a new shipping line happily build L4, C4 and F4, but the 3 olders lines still build older Ion-propelled ships, even after I made those designs obsolete manually...

It's all about the distances. The Barnards Star-Lalande JP is closer to Barnard-Sol than Barnard-70 Ophiuchi. And it is possible that the 61 Cygni-BS JP is closer to BS-70 JP than the others. It is the distances between the JP that is the important bit.

Compare the distances between the JP and verify that BS-70 is closer to BS-Sol than the others. If it is, this is a bug, otherwise it is functioning as normal.

You can manually plot the same routes and look at the distance/time on the F12 screen, see which is longer.

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2013, 02:01:44 AM »
It's all about the distances. The Barnards Star-Lalande JP is closer to Barnard-Sol than Barnard-70 Ophiuchi. And it is possible that the 61 Cygni-BS JP is closer to BS-70 JP than the others. It is the distances between the JP that is the important bit.

Compare the distances between the JP and verify that BS-70 is closer to BS-Sol than the others. If it is, this is a bug, otherwise it is functioning as normal.

You can manually plot the same routes and look at the distance/time on the F12 screen, see which is longer.

Good idea, but already checked and wrong.

Here are the (rough) distances :
(In Barnards) Sol-Lalande     : 2.9b
(In Lalande) Barnards-61    : 4.7b
(In 61Cygni) Lalande-Barnards : 3.5b
(In Barnards) 61-70      : 2.1b

Let's compare to the direct trip :
(In Barnards) Sol-70      : 3.3b

Even if only the distance between JP in one given system is checked and the others are assumed as being 0, it gives a 2.9+2.1=5b trip for the sol-lalande and 61-70 legs - so the direct trip should be selected instead.

Beside, this does not explain the presence of the civilians in Luyten 726-8, Lacaille and Sirius.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2013, 04:01:51 AM »
Yup, got the civilian issue as well, and very easy to see in my game.

When some (not all - 1 TR and 1 COL at the moment) civ ships are trying to reach Luna from Earth they decided to take the scenic route and visit 2 other Systems (first Hannover then Hamburg in my game) before heading back to Sol and finally reach Luna ;) I have already reset the transport once, but it is fairly adamant about taking the scenic route.

Concerning the Final Defensive Fire bug discussed in another thread I still have to check this thread if it was mentioned before, but scanning 14 pages takes a bit of time.

Offline phillycheese254

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »
Just installed version 6. 21 and I get the following error when I try to open the system menu.  (F9)

Error 713 was generated by Aurora
Class not registered
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.  MSSTDFMT. dll.

I have looked in all of my game files and cannot find this file.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »
MSSTDFMT.dll is a microsoft file that isn't automatically installed on newer versions of windows.

Easiest way of getting it installed is to download and install the program below, no need to ever actually use it.
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-shutdown-timer

Offline phillycheese254

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

Offline Varee

• V
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2013, 06:14:48 AM »
Ok a bug just cause my fleet to disappear? so i have a figheter assign to a mother ship as a scout. then when i recalled it it keep giving me "the selected fleet does not exist" error. so i ordered the scout to "land at assigned mothership" then "absorb" task. which i meant to use "join". after i advance the time the ship landed and all my fleet disappeared  :'(. both the main task group and the scout task group also disappear. so i guess it a bug right, i think i will summon the fleet back with fast OOB as it just randomly disapppear so i will only lost my experience crew and the captain is in (Unknown System) but i guess i can reassign him

Offline BigJoke

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Hello,

I've got a weird problem launching the game.

Everything went well the first two times I launched the game (last saturday and sunday), but today I have "THIS IS A COPY!" appended to the name of the game at the top of the tool bar and the "New" button is greyed out.  I can select a game (both the original one and my own saved game), but F3 and some other windows are greyed out in the menu.

I tried many things with no luck.  Since I'm using the all-in-one/portable release v4, I downloaded and installed the original version, patched it into 6. 21, but the problem is the same.  I then tried a fresh download of the all-in-one on my girlfriend's computer, same problem.

I'm lost and I need help.  I can't understand what has changed on my computer between sunday and today, and I certainly can't figure why it is not working on another computer either.  Any idea ?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits (& W7 Home 64bits on my gf's computer)