Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 65395 times)

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2013, 08:17:24 AM »
This was brought up in a thread over in the academy.

If a design specified as a PDC is 500 tons or less, it appears in the list of designs to be built by fighter factories in the industry tab.

This is likely an effect of it only checking for size, now that it is not required to have a fighter-type engine to be eligible to be built in the fighter factories.

In addition to this, said PDC's show up as viable option on the ordnance/fighters tab of the class design screen for the default loadout to be loaded into the hangar bay of carriers.

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
I am experiencing the problem I've seen reported before, where civilian colony ships are taking an infinite (or at least very LOOOONG) route from Earth to Mars that has them passing through remote star systems.  Somebody has reported before that this occurs when you have jumpgate connections that form a loop.  What I'd like to know is: is this on the bug fix list for version 6.3?  Or should I just plan in future games to always use a hub-and-spoke layout for my jumpgate networks?

Offline wobbly

• Chief Petty Officer
  • w
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
I designed an early antimissile:

Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 1 MSP  (0.05 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 21
Speed: 25600 km/s    Engine Endurance: 3 minutes   Range: 4.0m km
Cost Per Missile: 0.7876
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 537.6%   3k km/s 168%   5k km/s 107.5%   10k km/s 53.8%
Materials Required:    0.25x Tritanium   0.5376x Gallicite   Fuel x25

The engine is a Magneto-Plasma Drive of size 0.4 and power 1.28.  The listed Gallicite cost here on the missile design pane is 0.5376.  Here's the bill of materials on the Industry tab of the Population and Production window:

Code: [Select]
Cost: 0.7876 Size: 1
0.25 x Tritanium
16 x Uridium
80 x Gallicite

I can confirm that it's actually consuming the BOM costs when the manufacturing happens.

I designed an identical missile and the costs came out fine.  Possibly relevant: I used SM mode instant to gift myself the second (correct cost) model.  I used regular research to do the original too-expensive one.

I've got a different version of this. I have missiles that are costing me 80 Uridium to build. When I check the missile in my technology report it shows up as having 80 active sensor (is this even possible on a size 4 missile?). When I check it in previous designs on the missile page, it has no sensors on the design. I used instant to research the design. Interestingly enough 2 of my missile designs have this bug (both 80 uridium & 80 active).

Edit: Version is 6.21

Edit 2: One thing I just thought of. I did design the missile while fiddling with an active sensor in another window. Don't know if that would of made any difference.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:25:35 PM by wobbly »

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »
When I attempt to launch fighters from the fighter mangement panel I get the following error (in version 6.1)

Upon Clicking the Launch button:
Error in cmdLaunch_click
Error 3163 was generated by DAO.field
"The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add."

I then click OK to remove the error message and get the following error message window

Error in cmdLaunch_click
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
"Invalid use of null."

When I click ok to remove this error window then the first shows up again, and when I click on that the second shows up.  I have to use Cntr-alt-del to open up the manager and manual terminate the fighter management panel.

When I then look in the TG list of the TG control panel I find the TG "Guardian Early Warning Pinnance-Big Ears" is present with the fighters I just attempted to launch.  Only this is the wrong squadron name...it is the first squadron name in my list of squadron names but it is not the squardon I attempted to launch.

Subsiquently when I got back to the fighter management panel I find the correct squadron is in space and can recover it.

This is completely reproducable, and is independent of which squadron I attempt to launch first.  That one will mess up, but after ending the fighter management pannel and reopening it things function normally.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #289 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:28 PM »
Steve -

I am encountering this bug in 6.21.  Some of the missile stats given in the Technology Report screen are incorrect.  The ones I have noticed being consistently wrong are the warhead strength and maneuver ratings.  Range and speed both appear to be correct, and the others I haven't checked. 

Kurt

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »
Steve -

I am encountering this bug in 6.21.  Some of the missile stats given in the Technology Report screen are incorrect.  The ones I have noticed being consistently wrong are the warhead strength and maneuver ratings.  Range and speed both appear to be correct, and the others I haven't checked. 

Kurt

Whoops - answering my own question (statement?).  I screwed up, ignore the above bug report. 

Kurt

Offline Gyorn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
I dont think it realy is a bug, however its surely is too anyoing to be WAD:

In my current game im suffering from massive amounts of interrupts, most of them happen daily.  This has been going on for at least 1 ingame year, probably more like close to 3 (in the beginning i thought it would pass by and didnt keep track).
What i think is causing this is a whole lot of swarm ships in the home system of the NPC race.  Using Spacemaster + exporting the event files shows an awefull lot of stuff like this:

9th March 2042 19:29:46,Star Swarm,Halitherses,Hostile Ship Contact!  Contact ID: Canberra 007, Class ID: Canberra, Race ID: Herzberg Aliens #202, TCS 154  Active Sensor S112/R74 (Existing)
11th March 2042 19:29:46,SM Only,System 0,Sub-pulse length adjusted due to potential fleet interception
27th March 2042 05:44:46,Orkney,Sol,A new ship of the Nollaig class from the Sao Paulo Aliens #204 has been detected in Sol.  Our intelligence service has designated the new ship as the Nollaig 933.
27th March 2042 05:44:46,Orkney,Sol,New Thermal Contact!  Contact ID: Nollaig 925 (New), Class ID: Nollaig, Race ID: Sao Paulo Aliens #204, Strength 160

Also stuff like this, however less common:
1st April 2042 19:29:46,Orkney,Sol,An alien ship in orbit of Sol-A Asteroid #111 is emitting significant radiation.  Planetary Radiation Level is now 413

Sometimes in between actual fighting takes place, however 99% of the time this is not the case.  Is it possible that the NPC race's homeworld is not attacked but the ships hover next to it? Is there anything i can do? I can upload the entire log (and savegame) if it is of any help.

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
bug report: crash at start
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2013, 02:35:39 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, I'm not allowed to post in the bug forum.

Here is a new game I started. I can't even process the first days, I immediately get tons of crash on 'can't update crew morale'.

Here is the attached DB as a wetransfer file . Tell me if you need more, but the bug is totally reproducible. (generate 5 or 30 days at once)
http://we.tl/KDaNuZEtbW

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: bug report: crash at start
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:39 AM »
Hi,

Here is a new game I started. I can't even process the first days, I immediately get tons of crash on 'can't update crew morale'.

Here is the attached DB as a wetransfer file . Tell me if you need more, but the bug is totally reproducible. (generate 5 or 30 days at once)

That's because you should post in the thread for the version you have the bug in.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
Re: bug report: crash at start
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2013, 07:14:28 AM »
Hi,

Without looking at the db, it sounds like you are doing a conventional start and you left the missile bases in. Remove the missile bases and the error should go away.

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »
Yes, I have missiles bases and I started conventional... But are missiles bases not legit in conventional start (not that they can be of great use).

Thanks anyway!

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »
Yes, I have missiles bases and I started conventional... But are missiles bases not legit in conventional start (not that they can be of great use).

Thanks anyway!

That's what I am saying. There is a known bug when you start conventional and have missile bases. You need to remove the bases and the error goes away.

Offline Gyorn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #297 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:03 AM »
I managed to fix my interruption problem (see 6 posts above), it was indeed the swarm sitting in the NPR system.  I would wish for some kind of mechanic that prevents or solves a problem like this (e. g.  killing of the attacker or defender completely after 1 year of "system occupation").  I dont think that without my intervention this would have stopped at all. . .

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2013, 01:25:12 AM »
I get this message each time a civilian freighter is launched.

Should I upload the db and backup db?

What can I do to not have it anymore?

Is this screwing my game?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
I saw something related to this earlier in this thread, try using spacemaster mode to make one of your own civilian shipyards larger than the size of the ships your civilian shipping companies has been launching.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5448.msg56563.html#msg56563
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "