Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 65383 times)

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2013, 05:57:03 AM »
ok thanks...

Offline coyote

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
Quote from: Evanissimo link=topic=5651. msg64341#msg64341 date=1374258473
I am having a bit of a problem as I just got a new computer running windows 8.    The problem with Aurora seems to be with the expandable/collapsable lists in the sidebars of the combat overview, colony summary, and OOB organizer windows.    Whenever I got to expand them, they visually do not expand, leading to the game being completely unplayable.    However, while the visual aspect seems to be broken, if I click around enough I will eventually select something, as if the list actually had been expanded.    I am also wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that this computer is also a touchscreen.  

Edit: I tried using a second monitor to overcome the touchscreen problem, however this did not fix anything. 

Hey, I'm having this same issue with pretty much the same setup, did anyone ever figure out a solution to this?

Offline Rajhin

• Leading Rate
Conventional start
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
I have a problem with playing a conventional empire as it is goes into 3021 3021 DAO. field  No current record. error loop after 3 days of in-game time progress.  I searched around and people point it to missile bases if their decimal symbol is , but I have my set to .  so I'm clueless, anyone know why might I get this error?

On the side note: how do I go around Aurora messing up my OS design elements? (Browser/OS drop-down menus)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Conventional start
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
I have a problem with playing a conventional empire as it is goes into 3021 3021 DAO. field  No current record. error loop after 3 days of in-game time progress.  I searched around and people point it to missile bases if their decimal symbol is , but I have my set to .  so I'm clueless, anyone know why might I get this error?

On the side note: how do I go around Aurora messing up my OS design elements? (Browser/OS drop-down menus)

When you start with conventional start, uncheck the "Create Missile Bases" box. This should clear up the errors.

On the side note, Aurora is supposed to revert the colors if it exits gracefully.

Offline Rajhin

• Leading Rate
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
Thanks, just so I know is it a standing problem right now and I shouldn't build/invest in particular things in this version or is it exclusively game start problem?
I also noticed I have 713 MSSTDFMT.  DLL Error while accesing System View and redownloading dll doesn't solve it unlike in the threads where this error is mentioned.  Fixed with downloading a software that installs it instead of redownloading dll itself.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:04:06 PM by Rajhin »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
Thanks, just so I know is it a standing problem right now and I shouldn't build/invest in particular things in this version or is it exclusively game start problem?
I also noticed I have 713 MSSTDFMT.  DLL Error while accesing System View and redownloading dll doesn't solve it unlike in the threads where this error is mentioned.  Fixed with downloading a software that installs it instead of redownloading dll itself.

It's a game start issue.

Offline coyote

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »
No one has any idea as to why expandable/collapsible lists don't work on Windows 8?  This makes the game basically unplayable.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »
No one has any idea as to why expandable/collapsible lists don't work on Windows 8?  This makes the game basically unplayable.

Verify that you set compatability to XP.  If that doesn't work you're probably SOL.  To my knowledge Steve maintains an XP platform to Aurora development.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
I have Ground training facilities on Mercury with a +20% Ground units speed governator ;) and yet, I see no change in recruitment speed?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »
I have Ground training facilities on Mercury with a +20% Ground units speed governator ;) and yet, I see no change in recruitment speed?

From the wiki:
Ground Combat Bonus: Used by ground unit commanders. Increases the combat strength of a ground unit by the bonus. Bonuses stack for division, brigade, and unit commanders.

Ground Forces Training Rating: Non-HQ Units subordinate to this officer get a chance to improve their Morale over time. Officer must command an HQ with units attached. If the officer commands a division, this bonus is halved, but applied to all non-HQ units in that division.

Ground Unit Construction Speed Bonus: Used by planetary or sector governors. A bonus to the rate at which ground troops are trained at the population if this officer is the planetary governor. If the officer is a sector governor, every planet in the sector receives 1/4 of his bonus.

So which bonus does he have?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:33:26 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Ok guys i just crashed my games on a "devision by zero" i guess. The ordeal started when i created a Hangar PDC for my Fighters. Not wanting to waste crew or minerals on it i had set the deployment time to a fraction of one (something around 0.000001).  

This then happened:

Uppon building the PDC i get an error 3020, 3021 loop on crew morale. Restarting the game and deleting the PDC helps thought.

*edith* well it should work now.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »
At Erik:

No bug in the end. The +20% is on recruitment speed. The planned time is not using it to calculate the end of training, but I do see the estimated date shrink regularly though, so the bonus is applied.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2013, 07:18:17 AM »
Ok guys i just crashed my games on a "devision by zero" i guess. The ordeal started when i created a Hangar PDC for my Fighters. Not wanting to waste crew or minerals on it i had set the deployment time to a fraction of one (something around 0.000001).  

This then happened:

Uppon building the PDC i get an error 3020, 3021 loop on crew morale. Restarting the game and deleting the PDC helps thought.

*edith* well it should work now.

This is a self inflicted wound.  IIRC the code will truncate past 4 decimal places.  The truncation left your zero time which appears to be your divide by zero.  The calc that is throwing the error is the one for adding crew berths for deployment.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #313 on: September 19, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
I have a weird bug concerning a purportedly colonizable gas giant.  The system of Altair has a false report of a CC 0 uninhabited world on the Galactic Map.  This world is not visible in Potential Colonies.  It is not visible in System View, but the clipboard dump from there gives the local gas giant a CC of 0.  

More details: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6430.0.html
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:53:07 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #314 on: September 19, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »
This is a self inflicted wound.  IIRC the code will truncate past 4 decimal places.  The truncation left your zero time which appears to be your divide by zero.  The calc that is throwing the error is the one for adding crew berths for deployment.

I know and i actually expected something like that (still had to try). IMHO Aurora should handle and check the inputs for plausibility for cases like that or disallow ships without quarters. I did post it here to document this behavior for Steve.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t