Author Topic: New Display option for uncluttering  (Read 1437 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
New Display option for uncluttering
« on: November 18, 2020, 01:47:24 AM »
An option in display to not see ships in orbit, so you only see ships in transit from your neutral and friendly contacts. It would avoid having huge lists of ships orbiting Earth or any other world your fellow Earthlings have colonized in the Sol system.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, Kristover, Dawa1147, nuclearslurpee

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: New Display option for uncluttering
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:17:57 AM »
For example, this is a slightly busy screenshot. I just know, but do not care for now how many ships are in orbit of Earth for the 8 other NPR I defined. I'm interested in the traffic though and where ships go or return from.

Being able to not see ships in orbit would achieve that.

The following users thanked this post: Dawa1147, nuclearslurpee

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 01:02:07 PM »
Added for v1.13.

Offline DEEPenergy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 07:06:12 AM »
Hey Steve, most of the clutter around player worlds (mine anyway) is from civilian ships. If you could collapse similar civilian contacts the way you can warships, it would go a long way to keeping down the clutter too :)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »
Hey Steve, most of the clutter around player worlds (mine anyway) is from civilian ships. If you could collapse similar civilian contacts the way you can warships, it would go a long way to keeping down the clutter too :)
You can hide Civilians completely from the view already. There is no reason to keep them constantly visible unless you want to have a cluttered view.