Author Topic: Civilian economy  (Read 1396 times)

Offline tobijon (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
Civilian economy
« on: December 24, 2020, 04:03:58 AM »
I often use the civilian economy window to move buildings between planets, unfortunately the civilian ships are somewhat overeager and bring too much, I will then end up with 7 automated mines in one spot instead of 5 leaving another mining site short with only 3. Or with larger buildings 1.05 spaceports instead of 1, it is quite annoying to fix this. Would it be possible for the ships to check how much their destination needs before loading to prevent this.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
Re: Civilian economy
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
It is lovely when the hard working folks of the merchant navy grab the last piece of mass driver. You know the one, which is required to catch the mined minerals so that they do not hit the planet's surface at escape velocity.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:57:45 AM »
I haven't had this happen yet (just the numbers which ones they are bringing/taking is broken), but I know I damn well stock extra mass drivers because I'm scared of that.

My guess is that freighters with multiple cargo bays pick up more than one facility at a time when they shouldn't?

Offline tobijon (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 09:18:06 AM »
The freighters pick up until they are full, which is a problem if they don't need all of their cargo space

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 09:41:04 AM »
I haven't had this happen yet (just the numbers which ones they are bringing/taking is broken), but I know I damn well stock extra mass drivers because I'm scared of that.

My guess is that freighters with multiple cargo bays pick up more than one facility at a time when they shouldn't?

I had multiple VB6 games ruined by that.  It scarred me so much that when I do a Sol start, I actually set up mass drivers on the moon and have all the system minerals go there and then I have a couple of small cheap shuttles ferrying the received minerals to Earth. 

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 11:06:15 AM »
Who needs warships when you can use mass drivers to bombard your enemy's homeworld with thousands of tons of rocks.

(Yes i am aware you cant do this.)

But seriously, not having the right amount of installations can be really bad if Civvies decide to move something somewhere it shouldnt be. This is why i rely on Military Freighters for moving installations.