Author Topic: Multiple-jump Conditional Orders  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Multiple-jump Conditional Orders
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:46:57 PM »
As a side-effect of the new precursor AI rules, I have written some code that allows fleets to find things up to four jumps away and create their own movement orders for the multi-system route. I have added this to some of the conditional orders as well so you can now set an conditional order to Refuel at any colony within 4 jumps, Refuel at any tanker within 4 jumps and Unload 90% fuel to any colony within four jumps. I will probably add some more as I explore the possibilities of this new ability.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
I should also have mentioned that this will take into account whether the fleet in question is jump-capable and whether there are any jump gates available. Non-jump-capable fleets will only use jump points with jump gates when searching for a possible destination.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:20:58 PM »
I have added three new default orders:

Load Colonists at Capital (max 4 jumps)
Load Colonists at 20m+ pop (max 4 jumps)
Unload Colonists < 15m within 4 jumps

This is really for future use by NPRs when I add minor races but it can also be used by players. If you set the primary default order to either of the Load Colonists orders and the secondary default order to Unload Colonists, a colony fleet will work on automatic. When it runs out of orders, if there are no colonists on board it will look for an appropriate place to load colonists and if there are colonists on board it will look for a suitable place to unload them. Suitable unload destinations are any colony that is either ideal or has more infrastructure than it needs. Distance in jumps is the first filter with smaller colonies being the main factor for those of equal distance. At some point I will add the ability to found new colonies on uninhabited ideal world as part of the Unload option.

Both Load Orders will automatically add Freighter Maintenance Check (if a CFF exists) and Refuel Orders at the pickup point as well.

It will probably still be better for players to control fleets directly but if you have a small race you are not as bothered about, put the colony ships on automatic and leave them to it.

Steve