Author Topic: Methane Breathers  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Methane Breathers
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:48:52 AM »
I have added the option for Methane-breathing species to v3.1. This is still experimental so they won't be automatically generated. However, you can select a body with Methane and use the Create Empire button. This species has all the same Dangerous Gases as an oxygen breather except that methane obviously isn't dangerous and is replaced by oxygen instead.

All other windows should reflect that methane is the primary gas for that species and all colony costs are based on methane. Any field that has oxygen as a label should have a methane label when viewing this species. As methane atmospheres are often on very cold worlds this will allow the creation of truly alien races. I have created one in my current game which has an gravity range of 0.29G to 1.36G, methane content of 0.04 atm to 0.138 atm, pressure max of 2.33 and an ideal temperature range of -117C to -151C. Any nitrogen - oxygen worlds will be hostile environments for this race as oxygen is a dangerous gas, not to mention the likely temperatures will be far too high.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »