Author Topic: Comments: Earth Defence Authority  (Read 10871 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Comments: Earth Defence Authority
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Quote from: "backstab"
Great write up ... look foward to more !

Thank you for your kind words. There will be a hiatus as I seem to have messed up the database, not irretrievably but in a very irritating way :cry:  . I have sent Steve the database in the hope he can reassign the World Free States administrators back to their classification, they are lost in a black hole at the moment! Some would say that is the best place for administrators, but they cause an Error in GetCommanderFullName Error94 some 26 times, then Aurora tends to crash!

Regards
DB sent back - let me know if the problem is fixed. Enjoying the writeups!

Steve

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
DB sent back - let me know if the problem is fixed. Enjoying the writeups!

Steve

Many Many Thanks Steve.

Things have not moved on as I am on leave at the moment, which means doing holiday things with the family, not necessarily things I want to do :D .

Regards
IanD

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »
Glad you are back to posting writeups, really enjoy the little stories about the engineers.  LOVE the comet names. LOL

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
Quote from: "Sotak246"
Glad you are back to posting writeups, really enjoy the little stories about the engineers.  LOVE the comet names. LOL

^ this :)

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 06:53:21 AM »
I'm a comet, and such a pretty one too! (grin)
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:49 AM »
It looks like you have PDC's with CIWS, I think that these either do not work or are not meant to work depending on when the bug was reported. Unless the PDC's are ending up on the moon or something in which case they will work fine

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »
Quote from: "Sotak246"
Glad you are back to posting writeups, really enjoy the little stories about the engineers. LOVE the comet names. LOL
Quote from: "Beersatron"
^ this :D

Caught a few spelling mistakes in recent posts, think its back to primary school for me! :oops:  This is the result of a half remembered post about CIWS on PDC, I vaguely recalled that someone had mounted them on a PDC, but not the rest of the post, and thought that was a good idea. Guess the Mk II will make a rapid appearance! Thanks for the catch.

Regards
IanD

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 06:07:43 PM »
This is awesome ... great work !
Move foward and draw fire

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »
Quote from: "backstab"
This is awesome ... great work !

Thank you for your kind words.

In the consolidation phase years are processing faster!

Regards
IanD

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
What exactly is the Islamic Bloc's strategy, here? The FACs in Earth orbit could mess up the EDA pretty good, but they'd destroy themselves in the process with the ecological damage and radiation, and unlike the EDA they've got nowhere to evacuate to. They're not much good as a deterrent, either, since the meson cannons on the EDA's PDCs could off them in job lots at that range.

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
What exactly is the Islamic Bloc's strategy, here? The FACs in Earth orbit could mess up the EDA pretty good, but they'd destroy themselves in the process with the ecological damage and radiation, and unlike the EDA they've got nowhere to evacuate to. They're not much good as a deterrent, either, since the meson cannons on the EDA's PDCs could off them in job lots at that range.

The Islamic Block has the problem that in comparison to the EDA they haven't even got out of the blocks as far as technology is concerned and they suffered the most under the Intruder bombing. The aim is to deter the EDA by a building lots of cheap units, so that some will survive long enough to launch, and thus could hurt the EDA and the planet, coupled with a substantial ground force (they currently have eight brigades and in ground unit strength are not too far off the EDA). If the EDA start using meson beams to take out the FACs they have their own bases to take out the EDA PDCs. If the EDA meson bases take out the Islamic meson bases there is time for the missile bases and FAC to launch. Their great Achilles heel is their forces are all green and therefore slow to react and they are running out of cash. But they know the EDA is concerned not to raise the radiation level or to induce another ice age, so they hope to persuade the EDA not to attack.

The joker is they have a "Supreme Leader" who can be totally unpredictable and unreasonable. As long as no one survives that would suit the Supreme Leader as the Hidden Imam will then return to earth to save the world.

The current change of strategy is because the earth is running out of TN minerals, the Islamic Block has a commercial shipyard nearing completion. If it can persuade the EDA they can now project power effectively they can eventually set up a Luna mining colony. By allying themselves with Africa and the Middle East they hope to make the EDA think they are not worth the effort to "absorb". Will it work? May be yes, may be no. :)
IanD

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »
The EDA finally jumps!

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
The EDA finally jumps!

It’s only taken them 24 years, didn't think that was too bad! :D  However, I failed to appreciably reduce the human population ???.

Regards
IanD

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
It’s only taken them 24 years, didn't think that was too bad! :D  However, I failed to appreciably reduce the human population ???.

Regards

Another nuclear war would always do it or how about some run away bio war experiment ?
Move foward and draw fire

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
It’s only taken them 24 years, didn't think that was too bad! :D 

Well, they've been sitting on the tech/clues for so long.  This must be what happens when the EU runs the world.   ;D

However, I failed to appreciably reduce the human population ???.

As has been mentioned, a bio war can help (some loony who doesn't realize/care that their side lost already.  The Supreme Leader seems just the sort to set something like that up.