Author Topic: Panzer Corps  (Read 2336 times)

Offline MWadwell (OP)

• Commander
Panzer Corps
« on: November 19, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »
G'Day All,

Has anyone else tried the Matrix Games re-make of the 1990's classic "Panzer General" - Panzer Corp?

I have, and found the game incredibly frustrating and had to give up on the second scenario...

The problem for me, is that the random number generator used to resolve the combat doesn't re-seed often enough, and seems to have a problem in that the percentile numbers are often at one extreme or the other.

An example, is that I'm on turn 3 of the Norwegian Scenario, and the royal navy has decided to come down the coast to say "hi". It absolutely slaughtered my forces on the coast (due to a run of bad luck). I then tried to re-load (as it pretty much wiped out my chance of suceeding in this scenario), only to find that the allied turn played out exactly the same (due to the lack of re-seeding the random number generator).

At this point in time, I swore a bit. Went to the Matrix Games forums, complained a bit. And then deleted the game off of my hard drive.

Needless to say, I do not recommend this game - but I'm curious what other people's experiences are....
Later,
Matt

Offline Arwyn

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Panzer Corps
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
I have had better luck than that. I got through everything through France, with a couple of annoyance, but nothing that just stopped the game. I was playing after the patch, so that seems to make a difference.