Author Topic: A quick rundown of what Newtonian is.  (Read 5580 times)

Offline Xelanthol (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
A quick rundown of what Newtonian is.
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:49:27 PM »
Hey everybody-I was just wondering if someone can tell me what Newtonian Aurora will really mean. I spent a lot of time reading over the features, and rather then just being changed it feels like a lot of them are being made more intuitive/more streamlined (All engine types are built from a single system, I think that's awesome). I'm still a bit shakey on what the big picture for Newtonian Aurora is-Thanks!

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
Re: A quick rundown of what Newtonian is.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
First of all, it makes everything use modern physics. But you know that already. Probably the only other thing it does it what you mentioned, makes everything more intuitive/streamlined.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline Xelanthol (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
That sounds really damn cool then! I mean, it's inevitable that with Steve building up Aurora for so long, that the new Newtonian Aurora will be a bit better from a "more experienced in building this" point of view. Sort of like Aurora 1.5? Heh, i'll be excited to give it a try.

Offline Atlantia

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is a wug.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
The idea I've gotten is that NA is going to be a sorta niche within Aurora. Maybe a stepping stone, too?
Now there are two of them.   There are two ______.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:39:31 AM »
at what point does work on the current aurora stop.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »
at what point does work on the current aurora stop.

It doesn't. Newtonian is a different game that won't be appealing to everyone who currently plays Aurora. It may not even prove viable at all, so it is really an experiment to see what is possible.

Steve

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »
What can we expect in the next few months given youre timeframe and is there any plans to open up the programming side of things perhaps some form of limited open source theres a lot of players here who have programming skills that might be of some use to take this thing along a more rapid development track