Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 63931 times)

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 01:05:09 PM »
The event log has provided insight into my problem. 
6th January 2025 00:00:06,Boskone,Human,Due to the complete failure of the life support systems on board Missile Complex 003, -778464 crew members have died. The remaining 763200 crew members are struggling to stay alive
Not quite sure what happened here.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Mailo

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
Quote from: byron link=topic=5651.  msg58036#msg58036 date=1354040714
Error in CheckCrewMorale
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Field
No current record

followed by
Error in CheckCrewMorale
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
No current record

Repeat ad infinum.    The game is a new one, conventional start, 5 powers in one system, and I think one NPR. 

I can confirm this one, happened on my first attempt to advance time by 5 days.   2 NPRs, only me in Sol, conventional start, all military officers assigned to PDCs. 
When clicking through the messages, I also get

Error in CheckCrewMorale
Error 3020 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit. 

on every seventh or so message. 

Edit:
After clicking through about a hundred messages with no end in sight, I rightclicked on the main window on the windows taskbar and chose "Close Window".  Now I get a slew of

Error in UpdateGameLog
Error 3420 was generated by DAO. Database
The object is no longer valid, or it is not defined.  (??? translated from the german message "Das Objekt ist ungültig, oder es ist nicht mehr festgelegt. ")
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:17:37 PM by Mailo »

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »
It appears that some PDCs are being classes as ships, and the life support fails, which causes a mass of casualties.  I'm trying to find a fix.
I checked and it turns out that during Steve's test campaign, he never built any PDCs.  In fact, there are only two classes of that type in the campaign, and both were built by an NPR.  And the game thinks they're ships.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:01:41 PM by byron »

Offline draanyk

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
While experimenting with how to manage civilian economy, I ran a year in 1-day increments, and now I'm running a year in 5-day increments, versus my usually 30-day increment when nothing interesting is happening. I've noticed that even with auto turns checked, the processing stops every 5 or 10 days. Nothing shows up in my filtered player event log, but checking the SM view shows some events. It appears that only some of the filtered events are causing the auto turns to stop processing. For example, two New Officer events and an Exceptional New Officer event didn't cause Auto Turns to stop, but two New Officer events, a Civilian Construction event, and a Civilian Mining Colony event did cause the auto turns to stop.

I think it would be better if the auto turns didn't stop on events that I've filtered out.

EDIT: Further testing shows that either Civilian Construction or Civilian Mining Colony events happening, even when both are filtered out of the player view, cause Auto Turns to stop. Tried this with SM mode on and off, with the same results.

EDIT 2: Mineral Exhausted (when filtered) also appears to stop Auto Turns.

EDIT 3: Ship Scrapped (when filtered) also stops Auto Turns.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:52:43 PM by draanyk »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
It appears that some PDCs are being classes as ships, and the life support fails, which causes a mass of casualties.  I'm trying to find a fix.
I checked and it turns out that during Steve's test campaign, he never built any PDCs.  In fact, there are only two classes of that type in the campaign, and both were built by an NPR.  And the game thinks they're ships.

PDCs are treated as ships in the sense that they need to be deployed on a planet with a population, or need a visit from a recreational ship occasionally. However, I'm not sure why they are causing errors. I am looking into it.

Steve

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 03:54:08 PM »
PDCs are treated as ships in the sense that they need to be deployed on a planet with a population, or need a visit from a recreational ship occasionally. However, I'm not sure why they are causing errors. I am looking into it.

Steve
I input the designer password on your 'Space 1899' game, and a couple of classes of NPR ships (Beam Defense Base and Missile Defense Base, can't remember which of the two NPRs it was looked like they should have been PDCs, but the game said they were ships.  They had speed and everything (1 km/s and so on.)  When deployed, the Missile Bases also showed a failure rate. 

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 11:01:31 PM »
I ran into the PDC life support bug being discussed when I spawned a new conventional empire, and the automatically-added missile bases were the culprit.
Interestingly, after deleting the missile bases and replacing them through the Fast OOB window, everything was just peachy.
Something might not be getting set properly in a conventional setup routine.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »
I ran into the PDC life support bug being discussed when I spawned a new conventional empire, and the automatically-added missile bases were the culprit.
Interestingly, after deleting the missile bases and replacing them through the Fast OOB window, everything was just peachy.
Something might not be getting set properly in a conventional setup routine.
That's odd.  I didn't try that, but I did try modifying them using SM mode.  I'll have to give it a try.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »
Minor bug:

The Create Research Project window is displaying phantom duranium requirements on my engines and some other designs. If I design a 1 HTK magazine and then flip to engines it tells me the engine will require the same amount of duranium as the magazine. If I design a 3 HTK magazine and then flip to engines it continues to display the 3 HTK mag's duranium cost. The problem doesn't seem to get passed on to actual construction costs, though. Seems like it's just not clearing the old value from the display.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 02:01:04 AM »
I designed an early antimissile:

Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 1 MSP  (0.05 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 21
Speed: 25600 km/s    Engine Endurance: 3 minutes   Range: 4.0m km
Cost Per Missile: 0.7876
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 537.6%   3k km/s 168%   5k km/s 107.5%   10k km/s 53.8%
Materials Required:    0.25x Tritanium   0.5376x Gallicite   Fuel x25

The engine is a Magneto-Plasma Drive of size 0.4 and power 1.28.  The listed Gallicite cost here on the missile design pane is 0.5376.  Here's the bill of materials on the Industry tab of the Population and Production window:

Code: [Select]
Cost: 0.7876 Size: 1
0.25 x Tritanium
16 x Uridium
80 x Gallicite

I can confirm that it's actually consuming the BOM costs when the manufacturing happens.

I designed an identical missile and the costs came out fine.  Possibly relevant: I used SM mode instant to gift myself the second (correct cost) model.  I used regular research to do the original too-expensive one.

Offline Vordarian

• Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »
I got a strange Message in the Event Updates:

Through training or experience, Korvettenkapitän Lorenz Schmied has increased his Fighter Combat Bonus to 3. 2

Said officer, when I looked, has now a FCB of 220% and a Promotion Score of 12323! I wouldn't object, if the guy were a farmboy from Mars who managed to blow up an enemy PDC, but he's just stationed aboard my PDC with his Lohner scout fighter, designed as a stealthy passive-sensor vehicle to send into systems where alien activity is suspected, doing nothing, so i feel vaguely offended.   ;)

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
I got a strange Message in the Event Updates:

Said officer, when I looked, has now a FCB of 220% and a Promotion Score of 12323! I wouldn't object, if the guy were a farmboy from Mars who managed to blow up an enemy PDC, but he's just stationed aboard my PDC with his Lohner scout fighter, designed as a stealthy passive-sensor vehicle to send into systems where alien activity is suspected, doing nothing, so i feel vaguely offended.   ;)
He was playing the last starfighter in his offtime and clocked the computer.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »

Inspired by your Space 1899 game, I stated a 3 races game (Flash Gordon themed) in Sol. Two of the races sent out survey ships and started to geo-survey Sol. After finding some nice comets, they set up some mining colonies, then I shut down the game.

I fired the game up again today and everything seemed to be fine. I looked at the mineral report (mining/maintenance, F2 screen) for earth, and the minerals were listet normaly.

Then I formed a geo-team on earth and three days later, it reported "Geo survey complete - Gemma Chan Geology Team does not believe any new..."
While this was darn fast, I didn´t think much about it (except for: ´Crap, no new minerals´)

I then opened the F9 screen to look at Luna and if it makes sense to put the geo-team there. In that screen, every body for every race is listed as unsurveyed.

Going back to the F2 screen, even the homeworlds of all three races are unsurveyed now.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
I can't help with the second part of your problem, but the homeworld is listed as surveyed automatically, which is why you got the message so fast.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 05:23:31 AM »
Steve,

Ongoing bug :- the eta's shown on the Task Force Organisation Screen (Ctl + F4) are incorrect by a factor of about 10 compared to the actual eta for vessels shown on the main system map screen (F3).

Also using Win 7 some of the CTL + F screens only seem to pop up if the index screen is minimised to a corner of the main map screen. However if the index screen is minimised to the computer task bar then pressing CTL + F will not make the screens appear ( e.g for me CTL +F8 does not appear if the index bar is on the Task Bar - only appears if it is minimised in a corner of the screen. Has anyone else noticed this ?

DavidR