Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 93323 times)

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 08:34:15 AM »
Major Bug
I cannot TF Train any of my ships they are stuck at 0%. Was a Spacemaster start and some of the ships was SM added, but all ships cannot train, tried one group for 3 years was still at 0 %

Edit: Started a new game and spacemaster and training is now working will try and back track why training did not work on the other. I was renaming, promoting and demoting a lot of the officers perhaps this impacted the training somehow. Will try and replicate the bug on another SM creation

Stupid question I know, but did you have a commander for the Task Force to which the task groups belonged?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 08:38:18 AM »
Think I've found a bit of a gap with the new intercept code. I have vessel 1 heading back towards earth and vessel 2 trying to head towards vessel 1. Vessel 1 will reach earth before vessel 2 reaches vessel 1 however the intercept is ignoring this fact and sending vessel 2 on a course that is miles from Earth. I think this is fine in the case of tracking to a hostile but taking final destination into account for friendlies might be a good idea.

More complex than it sounds :)

What if the destination is another moving fleet, or a moon around a planet, orbiting a star that is orbiting a second star, that in turn is orbiting a third star. While its unlikely that would be the case very often, I would still have to code for every situation

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2014, 08:39:55 AM »
Am at war here with 4.1 as well despite a truce time of 10 years. It looks like colonies on moons (started on Io here) might not be included.

Are you at war with a race that started in the same system?

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »
More complex than it sounds :)

What if the destination is another moving fleet, or a moon around a planet, orbiting a star that is orbiting a second star, that in turn is orbiting a third star. While its unlikely that would be the case very often, I would still have to code for every situation

Fair point!

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but the colony cost, when using the new underground infrastructure, is not affected by Colonization Cost Reduction technology.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »
Started a new 6.41 Sol game with zero premade NPRs and 20 year truce timer. Sol should be the only system. I manually created 2 NPRs on Earth, then changed the name of the starting empire

After processing time for a few 5 second periods than for 1 day I'm stuck in 1 minute 'Inside Firing Range' hell. No weapons firing has been detected.  My diplo screen says i'm not at war with either race and my only two ships away from Earth are not near NPR vessels.  One NPR fleet appears to be following the other NPRs ship.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
Are you at war with a race that started in the same system?

Yup, this was about 1 week into the game and one of the 3 Earth powers did attack my poor defenseless homeworld (Io).

I kept the original setup and started another game with me as the 4th power on Earth and a new NPR on Io and once my geo-scouts reached Io they were destroyed by the NPR there.

The reoccuring theme seems to be Io and a player race. No problems with any of the other races.

I will try with setting up on Earth again, but leaving Io empty this time.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
Oh, and I had the 1min intervals as well, but once I restarted the game it was back to normal.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
Yup, this was about 1 week into the game and one of the 3 Earth powers did attack my poor defenseless homeworld (Io).

I kept the original setup and started another game with me as the 4th power on Earth and a new NPR on Io and once my geo-scouts reached Io they were destroyed by the NPR there.

The reoccuring theme seems to be Io and a player race. No problems with any of the other races.

I will try with setting up on Earth again, but leaving Io empty this time.

Strange. Must be something triggering the attack. I am five years into my game with several races starting in same system. The only war between them was when one race accidentally hit a ship of a second Solarian race with a missile that was intended for a third (extra-solar) race.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »
2 month into the game and no problems without Ionians in the game.

Offline Falcon

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »
I've encountered a strange bug om 6.41. I've created a game in Sol, and after a while nearly all of the asteroids became synchronized with Mercury - they all lined up and started orbiting around the Sun with the same angular velocity. The game was set to have no orbital movement for asteroids.

Offline Gnooble

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »
Fun bug!

I gave my shipping lines a large subsidy - for awhile after that they would always build multiple ships every increment, always 1 Small, 1 Large, and 1 Huge of either Colony Ship or Freighter, or 3 Liners.   Once they'd spent down the subsidy they went back to just producing 1 of the best ship they can afford.

Offline Culise

• Leading Rate
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 06:43:50 PM »
Quote from: AeroEngine link=topic=7012. msg71880#msg71880 date=1398276611
I don't know if this is a bug from earlier versions 6.  3 being the 1st that I have played. 
But when I started a conventional empire with missile bases all the 'crew' on them started dying from exposure. 
This kept going untill everybody in them was dead
It feels like the older bug introduced when the life support changes were first implemented, a persistent little heisenbug that's resisted every effort at solution.   In the present version, can be fixed in the same way: Delete the offending PDCs generated at game start, replace them with a new set of PDCs in SM Mode.   

Oh, and on a related note, I couldn't use the "SM Add" button to generate installations or PDCs in the Industry screen for some reason, even with SM mode activated.   It still appears to activate in SM mode for Missiles, Fighters, and Ship Components, but not for Installations or Build PDC / Orbital Habitat.   To fix the above, I had to use the Fast OB menu option.   I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended design feature, though; I haven't often had occasion to manipulate installations in SM mode before.   

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »
Stupid question I know, but did you have a commander for the Task Force to which the task groups belonged?

Yes had a task commander even changed them to no affect. Also it was with all task forces including single ships.

So far not been able to reproduce it on a new game. So could be a one off, something iffy in the DB. Still have the DB if you need it but would not worry for now unless someone else comes up with the same error.

Offline PSI

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
Some minor bugs.  Dunno if they can even be classified as true bugs.  :P
  • When I created a Commercial Shipyard, it did not auto-rename.
  • During a conventional start, I can still research Underground Excavation.  It seems to me that Underground Infrastructure would only be available to a Trans-Newtonian empire.
  • In the Teams/Academy tab on the F2 screen, it has "Naval Acadamy Officer Graduates".  Should be spelled as Academy.
  • In a Trans-Newtonian start, there's a Cargo Task Group, Colony Task Group, etc.  However, the Shipyard TG doesn't follow that naming pattern.  It should be changed to Shipyard Task Group.