Author Topic: Hosting Plan Change  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Erik Luken

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
    • Arkayn Game Design
Re: Hosting Plan Change
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 08:57:33 AM »
Actually I've been getting weird graphics problems with this forum lately, I had chalked it down to my slow connection speeds, but it's very unusual... 
http://i.imgur.com/N78oHMj.png 
Also sometimes images load as a pink square with random pink lines on it....

That is bizarre. The only time I've seen anything remotely similar is when the video drivers need a serious update, or the card is about to implode.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
That is bizarre. The only time I've seen anything remotely similar is when the video drivers need a serious update, or the card is about to implode.

It wouldn't surprise me if my card was about to kick the bucket, actually, It's probably unrelated :P
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »
FYI I just got the 404 error for the first time.  It was a fairly long post, but one that I had previously posted in precisely the same form before the forum issues with no problem. 

So -- bizarre world continues. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 04:23:47 AM »
"Well, aside from" Is bugged unless from is placed into italics..... weird because from by itself seems fine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:25:50 AM by MarcAFK »
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 04:34:59 AM »

Offline Vortex421

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 02:42:22 PM »
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index. php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just got this as I was trying to make a new topic. . .  three times now with no success.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »
Try putting all instances of from or like into italics.....

Offline Vortex421

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:59 PM »
Talk about odd. . .  my first chapter had the word fro-m in it twice and I had no problems posting.   This chapter had it six times and it did not like it. . .  very weird.

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 04:24:06 PM »
MarcAFK, you may have hit on something!  I was able to rescue one post by doing the italics trick. 

I nominate you for ... something really cool. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »
Talk about odd. . .  my first chapter had the word fro-m in it twice and I had no problems posting.   This chapter had it six times and it did not like it. . .  very weird.
I posted like 200 froms on the last page with no problem. It's weird.

Offline Vortex421

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
Something else odd is the spacing on periods.    I'm new to the forum so I may have missed a thread, but it seems to me that the boards are adding extra spaces after a period.    This post may even be an example. 

EDIT:  Aha, found it. . .  it seems to be an anti-spam feature in place, and until you have 10 posts you get the spacing issue.   This kinda sucks, because I started posting my story right away and it's been driving me nuts with the spacing issues.   I'll just have to find a way to get to 10 posts - legitimately - and then proceed from there.   :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:47:11 AM by Vortex421 »

Offline Erik Luken

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
    • Arkayn Game Design
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »
Something else odd is the spacing on periods.    I'm new to the forum so I may have missed a thread, but it seems to me that the boards are adding extra spaces after a period.    This post may even be an example. 

EDIT:  Aha, found it. . .  it seems to be an anti-spam feature in place, and until you have 10 posts you get the spacing issue.   This kinda sucks, because I started posting my story right away and it's been driving me nuts with the spacing issues.   I'll just have to find a way to get to 10 posts - legitimately - and then proceed from there.   :)

This was your 11th post.

Offline Vortex421

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »
Nope, that - at the time - was post 9.  :)  I have made a couple posts since then.  (This is post 12)

(Let's test... 1.01 2.02)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52