Author Topic: National Updates Comment Thread  (Read 56761 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: National Updates Comment Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2015, 04:35:09 AM »
Exciting things indeed!

Steve, I thought it's impossible to move shipping lines from one country to another? How are you going to model that in the Commonwealth unification?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2015, 06:12:33 AM »
Interesting question. I'm assuming either a database hack or, more likely, a new SM option?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2015, 07:35:37 AM »
Interesting question. I'm assuming either a database hack or, more likely, a new SM option?

I was going to use a database hack :) but I probably should build in the transfer code and make it available to everyone.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »
I was going to use a database hack :) but I probably should build in the transfer code and make it available to everyone.

Yes Please!!! It was possible briefly but was soon discontinued
IanD

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »
Steve, did you intend to give the Kennedy class carrier zero flight crew berths?

I am also interested in what's going to happen with the new aliens.  I was just wondering how there had been only one new NPR spawned in over 250 new systems.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2015, 06:43:24 PM »
Steve, did you intend to give the Kennedy class carrier zero flight crew berths?

I am also interested in what's going to happen with the new aliens.  I was just wondering how there had been only one new NPR spawned in over 250 new systems.

Fixed the Kennedy :)

I didn't turn on high tech NPRs until quite recently.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
Looks like the US and the commonwealth have managed to secure a decisive advantage in pop terms over everyone else, but how valuable is that considering the UN pop available to all? How is everyone doing on colonyship construction, and mercassium?

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
This is one of my favorite campaigns of yours Steve. I hope it continues for quite awhile.

I wonder how closely the Commonwealth will integrate, it's be fun if there was still some leftover tensions between the various parts, issues with different missile size, etc etc.

Also, are the rest of the world aware of the US invasion of the aliens?

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »
Just had a thought its not got a massive bearing on the game but ive noticed that RL country flags atleast not the major ones USA, UK, Russia, China ect arnt included with the default fkags and stuff. Why is this?

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2016, 07:02:22 PM »
Yes they are.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »
I think Acidweb's instal package uses the alternate flags, but included the origonals in a zip.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2016, 02:09:30 AM »
"The Eben are humanoid, with elongated heads protected by bony armour plate and have natural colouration similar to terrestrial Zebras."

Like a Grimm but stripey. >u>

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »
I wonder what Brazil with their boarding party focus thought when the Caliphate launched a million ton immobile ship. My guess it involved dollar signs appearing in their eyes while little Ching Ching! sounds played.

I wonder if the Caliphate are going to be this game's China and constantly get hosed :p

Edit: Though actually now that I look at it it's surprisingly cheap, I guess due to the new structural shell option. Still a tempting target.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:02:20 PM by Bremen »

The following users thanked this post: Total Recall

Offline Jakalo

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »
Great update. I have one question though.
Can there even theoretically be an alien empire on par technologically to any human empires or are any possible aliens only a cannon fodder in a humanities showdown?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2016, 05:19:00 AM »
Great update. I have one question though.
Can there even theoretically be an alien empire on par technologically to any human empires or are any possible aliens only a cannon fodder in a humanities showdown?

This campaign is inspired by an old RPG called 2300AD. In that game, humanity was split into many factions and ran into a powerful alien empire. Eventually they had to unite to defeat it. About three years ago (game time) I added an alien empire that is just as powerful as any current human Empire and is already in one human system, although neither side knows. However, that is not intended to be the main bad guy.

Within the next year or two of game time I will be adding a very powerful alien race. I haven't decided on the theme yet but I am leaning towards a few fictional empires for inspiration :)

1) Galactic Empire from Star Wars
2) Imperium from WH40k, although with aliens not humans.
3) Kafers from 2300AD
4) Cylons
5) Dilgar from Bablyon 5

etc.

Any other suggestions welcome. I'm not looking to build exact copies but use them as inspiration for a large, very powerful enemy.