Off Topic > Testing

Test posts for Truely Bizzare forum problem 2.0: 403 forbidden kingdom

(1/2) > >>

MarcAFK:
As referenced here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7958.0
and here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7798.msg81847#msg81847
Below I will attempt to pinpoint what caused the problem in the earlier post I failed to make. 
Edit: once again I get forbidden when trying the entire thing.

Here it is split in 2:

MarcAFK:
Anti missile missiles are generally designed as size 1, using as much warhead as nessicary for one damage, a little agility and fuel and all the rest as a single engine of maximum power multiplier.
You need a resolution 1 fire sensor to detect the missiles you want to target, and then A resolution 1 fire control of equal range to target it. The logic behind using size 1 AMMs is that they will reload very fast and you'll get more in your magazine.
Putting sensors on missiles is good for larger anti shipping missiles.
When you fire a missile it's target needs to stay in range of the launching ships fire control otherwise it'll lose contact and self destruct when it runs out if fuel. If you add sensors to the missile then it will keep following the same path until running out if fuel, or it detects something in which case it will go after that contact. They won't des dominate but the way sensors work means your best chance if requiring a target is if it's quite large.
Forget about AMMs that can require missiles until you're very high tech level, however a small sensor would still be useful if you use them for sandpaper attacks against ships.

MarcAFK:
The main advantage of sensors is that any that miss can retarget the ship and try again, just make sure the sensor is powerful enough to detect the size of contact you expect to be fighting at the range of your missiles turnaround distance.
If your missile goes 20Kkms, and your target goes 10Kkms then when it misses it'll be 30Kkms away from the target per second, and since sensor updates are at a 5 second minimum then you need to multiply by 5.
So 150,000 kilometers.

MarcAFK:
The following triggers the error except when any of the words is in italics, spoilered, in code, etc, each word must have a space before and after it;
" case if then "

MarcAFK:
This sentence will trigger the error too unless either of the trigger words is in italics:
Just in case if any intervening words makes no difference then I have no idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version