Author Topic: Aurora C# Screenshots  (Read 145926 times)

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
Re: Aurora C# Screenshots
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
Exactly. Basically, preparing soldiers before you finish building the new exosuits.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 05:11:33 PM »
Ah OK- so what you really need is not low tech units but an ability to part-build units before deciding how they will eventually be equipped?

It would be more realistic if I allow cadre production, as a way of partially training new units before equipping them with new technology.
Please do so.  It would be nice to have. 
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:54 PM »
Feel free to keep Conventional Division construction as an option, mind.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #243 on: July 14, 2016, 05:14:35 PM »
No more screenshots but some progress. Mining (including civilian with tax / cost), fuel production, harvesters and maintenance production all working in the construction phase. Another few inches forward :)

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2016, 06:50:33 PM »
No more screenshots but some progress. Mining (including civilian with tax / cost), fuel production, harvesters and maintenance production all working in the construction phase. Another few inches forward :)

As they say, slow and steady wins the race :). I'm happy every time I see an update.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #245 on: July 17, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
The Wealth & Trade tab. Essentially identical to VB6 Aurora.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2016, 06:55:42 AM »
Is there an explanation of the details behind this somewhere? I never understood why "annual surplus" and "available for export" sometime differs and sometime not.

Also, it could be neat to link "Civilian Transport" to Civies ship construction somehow.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. The amount available for export/required for import increase each increment up to the annual level, and decrease when trade goods are received.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:03:01 AM by Sheb »

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2016, 09:33:44 PM »
I don't have a laptop but I could probably add some lines to show the resolution. At the moment, from the top of the tool bar to the the bottom of the sidebar is about 860 pixels. There will be a menu bar too, so probably about 900 high at the moment.

Now that its C#, you could always do some dynamic resizing of some elements, its especially useful for treeviews and charts.

Also, any chance we'll see some context menu stuff, eg. right click ground unit, go to assign, in the submenu (Which only lists divisions/battalions that are available to assign to) and click to assign

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »
I am playing around with colour themes. Here is an example of a black and white theme instead of the default dark blue / pale yellow. For now I just wanted to check how easy this was but I will add full functionality for different colour themes before release

The following users thanked this post: Rook

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »
IMHO, this look much better and clearer too.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »
Just for interest, this is a screenshot of the tactical map on my main monitor - 3440 x 1440 ultra widescreen. The screenshot may have a horizontal scrollbar in lower resolutions.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:13:38 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Demonides

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2016, 08:41:46 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=8438. msg94286#msg94286 date=1468947715
I am playing around with colour themes.  Here is an example of a black and white theme instead of the default dark blue / pale yellow.  For now I just wanted to check how easy this was but I will add full functionality for different colour themes before release

Is this just color functionality, or can we change those pictures at the top of the screen as well?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »
Is this just color functionality, or can we change those pictures at the top of the screen as well?
Most likely just the color themes. But you never know, Steve may have multiple picture themes.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2016, 12:21:56 AM »
I'm wondering the same myself, i had a thought about perhaps being able to set a background image inside different frames, obviously you wouldn't want something with high contrast that would interfere with text, but even a dull repeated texture might look better than a blank space.  But maybe even actual pictures might look good.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2016, 01:04:00 AM »
Oooh, the lighter themes seem much better. Though, if i may ask, could you do a theme of black and tan, like VB6 aurora? I've really come to love the aesthetic it bears.