Author Topic: Aurora C# Screenshots  (Read 145002 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Aurora C# Screenshots
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
I just noticed that "Modifiers" tab, what's that for?

Work in progress. I am thinking I might show all modifiers that apply to mines, factories, etc. I already have something similar on the Mining tab showing which modifiers apply to (separately) Mines, AM, CMC and orbital mines and their effect on mining rate.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2016, 09:03:51 AM »
A milestone achieved !

Aurora C# just launched the first new ship from a shipyard as part of the normal construction phase. The ship can't move, shoot anything or use sensors but it does exist (at least until I close the program because saving isn't enabled yet) :)

Even so, this means everything that goes into ship construction in terms of production is now working. All the various modifiers (such as commanders, racial wealth, unrest, radiation, available workers, etc), the resources requirements plus fuel, supplies, ordnance are all accounted for, the crew from the available pool, putting into the correct fleet, changing speeds, etc.. Plus a portion of the construction phase is working; in fact, shipyard tasks (construction, repair, refit and scrapping), shipyard upgrades, industrial production and pop growth are all working properly now.

Getting there slowly but steadily :)

Offline Dfuzzed

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2016, 02:12:51 PM »
As always, your work and effort are very much appreciated steve :)

The following users thanked this post: Spaceman Spiff

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2016, 02:38:29 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley
Shipbuilding Changes

I'm using this post as a placeholder to post any shipbuilding changes. So far the changes are:

1) You can't refit a damaged ship.

I am curious as to why you can no longer refit a damaged ship. In the wet navy it was a fairly common practice. Is it an accounting or programming reason?

IanD

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2016, 05:37:51 AM »
I guess to force you to fix it first, to avoid player getting "free" repair when refitting.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »
I guess to force you to fix it first, to avoid player getting "free" repair when refitting.

Yes, that is the reason.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:21 AM »
Yes, that is the reason.
Honestly was it a free repair? I naively assumed the damaged system was junked for no return and the new upgraded system paid for in the refit. If other damaged systems are not replaced but repaired in the refit cannot the cost of their repair be added to the refit? It seems strange to repair a ship then refit it, or are you saying that damaged systems can be replaced in the refit but other damage remain untouched? Which seems fair.

Ian
IanD

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2016, 06:53:21 AM »
I've just replied to this on another thread where someone made the point it was be unrealistic to repair something before you replaced it. Perhaps it might be better to allow the refit but not repair any damage to components that remain in the new ship. Alternatively I could have a Refit & Repair task which combines the two.

The following users thanked this post: FictionDragon

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2016, 07:07:21 AM »
I guess a "refit and repair" would be best. Just have the game repair the ship first in the background, then refit directly. I mean, I know this is Aurora and all, but micro for micro's sake ain't good. :p

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2016, 01:14:42 AM »
I also vote for "refit and repair". The cost being of course the sum of the repair and the refit.

Having to do one then the other is really pointless micro...

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2016, 01:56:50 AM »
I also vote for "refit and repair". The cost being of course the sum of the repair and the refit.

Having to do one then the other is really pointless micro...

Ditto

Ian
IanD

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2016, 07:24:01 AM »
Seems like a good idea.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2016, 12:55:08 AM »
Stupid question incoming : Is it possible to include SOUNDS in the C#Aurora ? You know like units acknowledge orders, warnings about detected missiles etc ?

That would be fun.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2016, 02:40:07 AM »
I think having to repair the components before refitting them is such a rare case that it's not worth worrying about. I'd just go with whatever was simplest to code, myself  ;)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2016, 07:25:05 AM »
Stupid question incoming : Is it possible to include SOUNDS in the C#Aurora ? You know like units acknowledge orders, warnings about detected missiles etc ?

That would be fun.

Steve used to have the ability to play a *.wav file (particular to the officer) whenever an ship with an officer would get a command in SA.  Not sure why he took it out - I always liked it, especially the "By your command" one.

John