Community Games > Drgong's Community Game

RP thread

(1/35) > >>

Drgong:
This is for stuff "In character" - Ultimatums, press releases, official statements, and anything else that comes to mind.

--- Quote ---UN Secretary General Isabela De Souza called for calm today, with the sudden transmitting of key Trans-Newtonian technology to science institutes in Moscow, Montreal, and Pretoria. Calling for the use of this technology for peaceful means, and not to create new weapons to devastate the world.

- AP Newswire Dec 30, 2099
--- End quote ---

Drgong:

--- Quote ---FARS (Pretoria)

FARS news agency has reported that after the recent National Front electrical victory the Free State Alliance ruling council has been announced.

Adele Van Resburg of Johannesburg will serve as Prime Minister.  The daughter of Free State Alliance founder Emil Van Resburg and a graduate of the prestigious Durban Academy, she won on a campaign to integrate the FSA into a more solid whole, and had support from South Africa, Rhodesia-Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania, Iran, and the African Mandate territories.    The charismatic 21-year old administrator gained inroads in the young demographics of the FSA member states.

"We must strive, in this time of great change, to work towards peaceful co-existence with the empires of Russia and the North American Union, to work with those who tried to starve us out by sanctions and spreading war across the Mandate Territories.   I wish to work with those nations to explore and expand our economies and enrich our common race.   We who lead, our burden is to also make sure that all of humanity is uplifted by the new wonders of science.   We view them as partners, to speak of a new outer space treaty, and to allow all the people of earth to the promised land of prosperity."

Rear Admiral Jolene Hertzog of Windhoek, South West Africa has been confirmed as head of the VSV (Vrystaat Vloot/Free State Navy).   Currently the keepers of the Free State Alliance nuclear weapon assets, in addition, the FSA has completed two large construction platforms to carry out its new goal of both orbital and void forces.

General Gerhard Roos of Durban has been confirmed as head of the VSW (Vrystaat Weermag) the land forces component of the Free State Alliance.

Wimpie "Don't call wimpy" Du Preez has been announced as foreign minister.  He stated he looked forward to working to bring peace with the NAU and Russian Confederation.

As per policy, the head of the FSIS (Free State Intelligence Service), the Industrial and Quota Board, and the Free State Research Council will be unnamed at this time.

in accordance with Resburg's election promise, Persian and Zulu cadets will be commissioned as part of the Free State Alliance officer corps.   Joining the Afrikaans- English- and German- speaking cadets already enrolled. 

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Guardian-Mirror (London)  - The extreme right wing National Front government of the Free State Alliance won a major victory in last week's elections.   Adele Van Resburg, daughter of long time FSA strongman Emil Van Resburg, won a resounding victory over the disjointed "Freedom Party Lists".   Still ruling from her father's anti-corruption and "guided self rule" platform, the young blonde Adele Van Resburg looks to continue the National Front policies of expansion, limited suffrage,  and state-managed co-ops.    There were no major surprises in the announcements of the other members of the ruling council, Rear Admiral Jolene Hertzog, famously called "The Red Devil of Windhoek" for her role in the 2097 Réunion Island crisis was confirmed as the head of the VSV and General Gerhard Roos was confirmed as head of the VSW.  The Van Den Berge twins are thought to have been appointed as overseers of the economic program for the Free State Alliance as it attempts to consolidate Iran and the greater Mandate Territories into its economic reach.

The Freedom Party Lists, a collection of parties opposed to the National Front policies, collected 34% of the vote.

Please also see on A3 "Peronist, Fascist, or Kingdom? The generational transfer of power to Adele Van Resburg."

--- End quote ---

Drgong:

--- Quote ---Free State Alliance announces new space administration.

Bloemfontein - Today the Free State Alliance (FSA) announced a new civilian space program administration.   The Free State Space Administration (FSSA) is a merger of the South African National Earth Observation Strategy (SAEOS), South African National Space Agency (SANSA), Iranian Space Agency (ISA), and the Trans-Africa Space Project (TASP).  The FSSA goals are, "To carry out civilian exploration, both robotic and manned, to licence and support the commercial opportunities of modern spaceflight, and maintain an observational ability to improve the environment, commercial concerns both on Earth and space, and in peacekeeping."   Staffing will include both military and civilian personnel.  In Parallel the existing programs of the  Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) are being incorporated into the Free State Navy (VSV).   FSSA owned assets will continue to be designated  with the VSS (Vrystaat Skip/Free State Ship) designation.
--- End quote ---

Drgong:

--- Quote ---Botswana - Wimpie Du Preez, Foreign Minister of the Free State Alliance, was asked today if Trans-Newtonian technology made peace more or less likely.  He made the following official statement.   "Our societies have always faced technological change,  from the invention of steel to the worlds of information at our fingertips.  Steel can be made into a plow that plants corn for decades, or a rifle that defends or attacks that same homestead.   The choice of peace is in every person's heart.   Today, everyone on this planet sits on a three legged stool, The Russian Confederation, The North American Union, and the Free State Alliance make those legs.  My grandfather was a farmer, and he said "I pray for rain, plow my land, and have my gun ready."   I became a politician instead of a farmer, much to his disappointment, and I say "I pray for peace, build a better future for our state, and have my gun ready.""

After visiting the Governor-General, Du Preez will visit President Johnathan Mkapa of Tanzania and Prime Minister Rudi Bakhtiar of Iran.  They will be discussing the integration of those nations  into the greater Free State Alliance economy and domestic investments into the newly discovered Trans-Newtonian technology. 
--- End quote ---

Note: All teams are welcome to post fluff or other role-playing here. 

Drgong:

--- Quote ---Local Editor Removed

Local paper "The Derby Star" has announced that it is removing it's editor for gross negligence....
--- End quote ---

Special thanks to DIT_grue who pointed out a lot of errors in my newspaper reports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version