Community Games > Drgong's Community Game

United Nations Thread

(1/22) > >>

Sheb:
This thread is intended to offer a forum for all members of all nations to argue and shout at each others.

I would like to congratulate all nations on the new discovery of trans-newtonions minerals and the possibility they offer for the benefit of all mankind. I hope we all follow the lead of our predecessors that signed the Outer Space Treaty and make space a place of peace, not a battlefield.

Drgong:

UN council, Geneva.

Vandermeer:
///Edit://

Removed comment to rise to proper seriousness now.

Drgong:
Nikki De Boer, Deputy Attache to the UN (Zambia) spoke today.

--- Quote ---Mr. President, honored delegates, ladies and gentlemen:

We meet in an hour of change and challenge. The old world is dead. The new world rises from the ashes like the proverbial phoenix, wings golden with hope.   Trans-Newtonian technologies are opening space exploration to new vistas.  But they also provide new chances for industry, solving the energy crisis in one fell swoop, and can uplift the lives of our citizens.   It is important to remember that it is our duty as the leaders of our nations to use this to improve the lives of all our citizens. 

The UN must grow to meet the challenges of our age, or it will be gone with the wind, without influence, without force, without respect. Were we to let it die, to enfeeble its vigor, to cripple its powers, we would condemn our future.   Let me quote some famous words spoken to the UN over 100 years ago.

"For in the development of this organization rests the only true alternative to war--and war appeals no longer as a rational alternative. Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes. It can no longer concern the great powers alone. For a nuclear disaster, spread by wind and water and fear, could well engulf the great and the small, the rich and the poor, the committed and the uncommitted alike. Mankind must put an end to war--or war will put an end to mankind. "

Later he spoke of "But the mysteries of outer space must not divert our eyes or our energies from the harsh realities that face our fellow men. Political sovereignty is but a mockery without the means of meeting poverty and illiteracy and disease. Self-determination is but a slogan if the future holds no hope." 

Those word still ring true.  As you know, one of the Free State Alliance slogans is "together we are strong".   When individuals, peoples, and nations subsume themselves for the greater state, they grow stronger as the state grows stronger.   I invite all nations to not look east or west, but to look south to see the leadership that will uplift all people to a better life.   He or she who hesitates is lost.   Be it the UN, peace, or natural leaders of the peoples of the world.  I say there is still hope, even to us who stand with a book in one hand and a rifle in the other.   Look up to the stars, but make the world a better place.   The people, and thus the state demands it.

I will close with another quote:

"Ladies and gentlemen of this Assembly, the decision is ours. Never have the nations of the world had so much to lose, or so much to gain. Together we shall save our planet, or together we shall perish in its flames. Save it we can--and save it we must--and then shall we earn the eternal thanks of mankind and, as peacemakers, the eternal blessing of God. "

God bless and may god save the state.

--- End quote ---

Vandermeer:

--- Quote ---Captain 2nd Rank, Nadia Aksyonova, officially one of those officers assigned to help the Russian Confederation form a new TN-aware branch in its force's organization, is now out of official schedule in Geneva, trying to personally meet Jonathan von Sheb late. He had recently signed a formal letter of NAU, inquiring about the possibility of objective related development collaboration in the matters of trying to implement TN materials into viable propulsion technology for the first time.
A letter that has since not been answered.

Finding him in a teahouse close, but not quite on official UN soil, she sits down with him to discuss the matter.
"I would apologize for the lateness of current official response, but I fear I am not authorized to voice such sentiments in name of the Confederation by myself. You can however take my apology on personal level if that is of any remedy.
As you may know, there is currently a bit of a disarray caused by running new elections at the same time as having all these other changes turning over society and organizations. I am sure the new administration has already gotten their plans around when to approach you formally, but in the meantime, let me just say that these plans are not in any way final, and that some groups in our rows mainly stagger towards this collaboration, since so few details can be known without ever having inquired about it.
...Now, if that were to change, and exclusive information would reach these groups before the current administration releases first details about the offer to us, it may just change what everybody thinks of it beforehand, and sway the decision towards a bilateral beneficial outcome."
Nadia takes a small spoon to steer some Candis through her tea, looking down why formulating in pressed English:
"Now, before I can even speak about what I see the Confederation could arrange to offer to you, I would need to know the answer to one question in advance: When NAU spoke about 'developing TN propulsion that would open the way to the stars', did they have a nuclear based engine in mind?"... she asks while her view wanders up again to assessingly fixate the eyes of Von Sheb, raising the brows to articulate pivotal matter of the question.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version