Fiction > Aurora

Stories

(1/11) > >>

Erik L:
If anyone doing write-ups for any game system, and wishes to have a forum dedicated to it, let me know and I will make it.

simon:
when playing aurora  do you write your stories do you write them retrospectively as after action reports and try to connect the dots as you go or do you write as it happens in real time as the campaign develops. I am trying to write a first and it seems to take too long to build up a nice story with enough action and economic background details. Any tips ?

Erik L:
I tend to rough out the players before hand. Empire name, etc. Then I go through the game setup for the initial ship designs and officer names. Then I start playing, taking notes during each "turn". Those get fleshed out (somewhat).

simon:
Does this mean that you begin the story when this get more interactive such as when you come in contact with another race or do you begin the story from the get go of the campaign and empire building ? I ask because during the early stages you can go for months without anything interesting to report hence you can have bland beginnings.

Erik L:
From the beginning, and yes, there can be stretches of nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version