Author Topic: Computer cheats  (Read 1669 times)

gamemonger56

Computer cheats
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:53:39 PM »

Have a fleet in an enemy system dealing with the enemy fleet. two out the two 60kt carriers and swatted the fighters from one; and finaly got the other one to attack. running low on missiles and they wont come close enough to energy range so i headed to JP where the supply ships are.

Outran the enemy fighters they completely fe off the radar then three 15 minute turns later they appear on top of my fleet. Said fleet is 24000km/s while enemy fighters are 11kp/s.

as i said. cheater!

Offline ryuga81

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
Re: Computer cheats
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:27:08 AM »
The AI "cheats" in many ways by design (doesn't require fuel, can operate shields indefinitely, ships require no maintenance and don't break etc.), but it shouldn't "teleport" fleets around. It sounds more like a bug.

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Computer cheats
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 05:02:14 AM »
Or an issue with running very long turn intervals in the presence of the enemy. The interaction between detection and movement can mean that ships move from beyond detection to firing range without you seeing them. So the probable cause is user error in advancing time to fast while in conflict rather than cheating as that the game does not do, it could also be a bug but the time interval advancement is more probable