Author Topic: Quasar4x - An Aurora4x VB6 clone  (Read 163416 times)

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
Re: Quasar4x - An early look at an Aurora4x clone in the works
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
I'd like to ask a question: are you going to include a VB6 database/save import feature?
He said yes, I believe. Right now I think you have to ask him to convert a save file first
I am most likely not going to provide a tool to do so, mainly because the script has a ton of dependencies that would be annoying to deal with and because its typical use would be one shot and done, not something needed on a regular basis. 

That said, I will always be happy to convert save files on request!  Literally happy.  It will give me more test data to work with!

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2019, 01:49:38 PM »
Progress update 2019-06-26:

The test campaign continues! Latest build is up. Geological Survey research completed:

Research labs are left inactive for now.  Shipyard finishes upgrading to 3000 ton capacity:

Start another 1000 ton expansion:

Expansion to 4000 tons completes.  Lets create our first ship class!  Open the design window and click New:

Off-Topic: show

Rename to Savant:

Change the hull:

Add the Geo Sensors (You'll need a wide browser window):

Let's create our first research project, a commercial engine for our Geo ship:

The project now appears in the research panel.  Lets start researching it:

Add the engine to the ship design:

Set deployment time to 120 months and add one more engine for a little better speed:

Retool the shipyard for the GEV Savant.  The retool is instant since it's the first one for this shipyard.  Note that this locks the class design.

Start constructing our first ship:

Start some new research projects:

Finally, let's skip 30 days to make sure everything works, and check our production overview:

Nice!  This brings us all the way to the beginning of episode 3 of 32 in quill's series.  Next up is letting time pass and finishing construction of the first ship!  Interestingly, you can see what's in store for Quasar4x after that by checking out the titles of quill's upcoming episodes.  The series is really serving as a nice, well-defined checklist.

Off-Topic: One small note • show
As game time passes, there is a skew in almost all of the numbers between A4X and Q4X.  Almost every calculation A4X does, especially time or prediction related, has some amount of error when compared to their known formulas.  So every few steps, once I'm as sure as I can be that my calculations on the Q4X side are correct, I re-import the A4X game into Q4X to re-sync the databases.  Otherwise my two saves would become hopelessly different and I would no longer be able to see the meaningful updates on the A4X side.  So, while each screenshot is a result of actions taking place on the Q4X side, the numbers will be off from a game played solely in Q4X from Year 1.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:34:43 AM by Kyle »

The following users thanked this post: ropedog

Offline Cyborg29

• Leading Rate
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2019, 09:12:31 AM »
Quote from: Kyle link=topic=10149.  msg115139#msg115139 date=1561572114
I am most likely not going to provide a tool to do so, mainly because the script has a ton of dependencies that would be annoying to deal with and because its typical use would be one shot and done, not something needed on a regular basis.   

That said, I will always be happy to convert save files on request!  Literally happy.    It will give me more test data to work with!

In that case i'll include my current database.   It currently has 4 different games, but only the "Terran Federation" has been played for some time.   I hope it helps, because i can barely wait!  ;D

Edit: I remember you mentioning that you didn't have enough data to work with fighters and fighter wings, do you still need it? Because i could build a few and post the database again.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:29:27 AM by Cyborg29 »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2019, 06:12:39 PM »
Quote from: Kyle link=topic=10149.  msg115139#msg115139 date=1561572114

That said, I will always be happy to convert save files on request!  Literally happy.    It will give me more test data to work with!

In that case i'll include my current database.   It currently has 4 different games, but only the "Terran Federation" has been played for some time.   I hope it helps, because i can barely wait!  ;D

Edit: I remember you mentioning that you didn't have enough data to work with fighters and fighter wings, do you still need it? Because i could build a few and post the database again.

Done, posted here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10439.0 and made a new thread for conversions.

It will be awhile before I need outside test data, still have plenty of development to do before I'm at that point.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:14:54 PM by Kyle »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2019, 02:10:43 PM »
Progress update 2019-06-28

Ready for some fun?  :)

The first ship has completed construction and a commander was automatically assigned:

We'll kick off another ship construction, a second Savant class ship named Spartan.  Press 'Detach' to detach the first ship into a new fleet, and issue an order to survey Luna:

Set default orders to survey nearest body:

Advance time 1 hour, to see the ship move toward its first survey target:

Actually, hang on.  Let's have some fun.  First we need to turn off 'no overlap' because I haven't gotten around to optimizing it yet:

Let's fly to Luna again but this time set auto-turns for 30 second increments.

Note that there are 6 sub-pulses per frame here.  Let's try 1 day increments, with the default of 48 sub-pulses per frame:

Finally, let's see 5 day increments, starting with the default amount of 60 sub-pulses per frame, and then for fun, switch to 5 subpulses per frame:

:)   New Build is pushed and this brings us to 13:30 in episode 3 of 32.  Onward!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:35:42 AM by Kyle »

The following users thanked this post: bro918, tws029, ropedog, Graham

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2019, 03:43:53 PM »
Now that is awesome, its very nearly an RTS now, in the sense that paradox games are real time....sorta...(small time increments that auto advance while you play)

Offline Lava

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2019, 11:58:05 AM »
First: Wow! Awesome work, I love this project, and the speed you're checking one milestone after the other is absolutely mindblowing!

Are you interested in bug reports (yet)?
[Should we open a new thread for bugs, or is it to early for that to be useful?]

Anyway. . .
In Quasar4x-win64 Version 32 there's a bug in Industry Project completion.

• If you build a Military Academy and increment time by 30 days untill the project completes, the Military Academy is constructed, but all mineral stockpiles are set to NULL (not 0).
    If you  increment time by 5 days untill the project completes, the Military Academy is constructed, but all mineral stockpiles are set to NULL (not 0).
  • If you build a Financial Centre and increment time by 30 days untill the project completes, the Financial Centre is constructed, but all mineral stockpiles are set to NULL (not 0).
    If you increment time by 5 days untill the project completes, everything's fine.
  • If you build a Maintenance Facility and increment time by 30 days doesn't complete at all - the Estimated Completion Time just keeps advancing  (Amount Remaining = 0, Estimated Completion Time = $Current Date).
    If you increment time by 5 days untill the project completes, everything's fine.
  • Infrastructure completes without problems if you increment by 30 day or 5 days, but all mineral stockpiles are set to NULL (not 0) if you increment by 1 hour. . .

The problem is not with creating new buildings on the planet - if your project is n $building, the first n-1 are build and active on the planet without problems, the problem only occurs if Amount Remaining reaches 0 and/or the project completes. . .

[All "tests" done with fresh database, obviously. ]

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2019, 11:39:06 AM »
It's probably a bit too early for bug reports because there is a LOT of time-related things simply not done yet.  Appreciate you checking it out though!  I just pushed a new build which I believe gets rid of the issue you saw.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2019, 12:33:15 PM »
Progress update 2019-07-01:

I continued the campaign up to 24:25 in episode 4 in Quill18's series.  Latest build is pushed. New capabilities include: Producing new shipyards, construction task queue processing, and shipyard continual capacity expansion.  Here's a more or less complete text log of how the campaign progressed.

Put a space in front of the Shipyard TG so it shows at the top of the list.
2nd geo ship, the Spartan, finishes constructing. Detach it into its own fleet.
Give it same orders as the first, default orders to survey nearest body and refuel if < 30%
But first, survey Jupiter.
Pass more time. Research into Pressurized Water Reactor and Active Grav Sensor Strength 10 finishes.
Assign Michael Willis to research Nuclear Thermal Engine Tech with 2 labs
Assign Harrison Wade to research Turret Tracking Speed 2000 km/s with 1 lab
At this point Construction Rate is up to 4236 / year.
30 day auto turns until 10cm Meson Focal Size research completes.
Assign 1 lab to Natasha Gardner (15% SF) to research Improved Geological Sensors
Convert CI to Construction Factories completes
Set CI to Mines to 100% and let those finish
Start producing a Commercial Shipyard using 100% of construction factories
Queue a Military Academy, 2 mass drivers, 50 auto mines, 20 fuel refineries, 2000 infrastructure at 100% each
Start expanding shipyard by 2000 more tons
Cancel all research except the engine and assign Cryogenic Transport research to Elizabeth Talbot (LG 10%)
Commercial Shipyard completes. The construction queue advances and Military Academy starts being produced
Military Academy finishes, Mass Drivers begin
Cryogenic Transport completes.
Allocate all 5 labs to finish Nuclear Thermal Engine research. The RP we researched from last time is still there.
The 2 Mass Drivers finish, Automated mines begin
Naval Shipyard finishes expanding to 6000 tons
Nuclear Thermal Engine research completes.
Create Research Project Corianis NT 125 EP Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine:

Engine Power: 125     Fuel Use Per Hour: 11.05 Liters
Fuel Consumption per Engine Power Hour: 0.088 Liters
Engine Size: 50 HS    Engine HTK: 25
Thermal Signature: 125     Exp Chance: 5
Cost: 31.25    Crew: 25
Materials Required: 31.25x Gallicite
Commercial Engine

Development Cost for Project: 312RP

(There is a popup to confirm it was created)
Oliver Lee (20% PP) will research this project with all 5 labs
Rename the 10k ton commercial shipyard to Yellow Dog Dockyard
Set it to continuous expansion
Advance time to confirm continuous expansion works
125 EP Commercial engine completes research

Create new ship design
Rename the class to Valdyr
Set Hull to Freighter
Not too far off from A4X values!

Start and complete Cargo Handling Systems research
Fuel Refinery Completes
Add Cargo Handling System x 5 to Valdyr design
Design is now:

Valdyr class Freighter    33 500 tons     115 Crew     399.3 BP      TCS 670  TH 250  EM 0
373 km/s     Armor 1-92     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 7    Max Repair 31 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Spare Berths 2
Cargo 25000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 25

Corianis NT 125 EP Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine (2)    Power 125    Fuel Use 8.84%    Signature 125    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 300 000 Liters    Range 18.2 billion km   (565 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Copy class and rename to Joeb
Remove 5 cargo holds and add 10 cryo transports

Joeb class Colony Ship    33 750 tons     210 Crew     1403.9 BP      TCS 675  TH 250  EM 0
370 km/s     Armor 1-93     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 26    Max Repair 31 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Spare Berths 1
Cryogenic Berths 100000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 25

Corianis NT 125 EP Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine (2)    Power 125    Fuel Use 8.84%    Signature 125    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 300 000 Liters    Range 18.1 billion km   (565 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

On DAC/Rank/Info tab, Valdyr shows up as eligible alternate class for a Joeb-fitted Shipyard
Set up some research:

Infrastructure completes
Turret Tracking research completes
Research Turret Tracking 3k
Beam FC Range 10k research completes
Queue up construction for 5 more research facilities
Stop continual capacity expansion. Kind of forgot about it so it's around 63k now
Instant retool of commercial shipyard to Joeb class
Start construction of Valdyr 001 freighter
Add a research lab to Jump Point Research
A new research lab finishes construction, pausing auto turns so we can assign it. I'll just spread the labs around somewhat arbitrarily.
Another lab finishes construction.
Valdyr 001 finishes construction. Create fleet from it using Split TG. Rename new fleet to Cargo TG 1

At this point I've decided to bring this phase of following along quill's campaign to a close.  I'm not coming across new areas that need to be coded frequently enough and it is getting tedious to progress in this fashion.  Every single click requires me to take the same action in two different games (A4X and Q4X), then run a db diff to check for differences, scan through a lot of false positives, possibly redo, and finally re-import the A4X game to Q4X because of floating point drift, ID mismatches, and commander RNG.  I had a brief moment of reflection deciding what I wanted to do next. I've always been excited to do a campaign of my own and add code whenever I hit an undeveloped area, but I'm realizing the problem with that is there's so much stuff I know isn't done I find myself getting impatient to reach the point in the campaign where the new code is needed.  I also want to get the game to a point where other people can have a meaningful campaign sooner rather than later.  I very much look forward to the point when someone else is running a campaign and coming to me saying "hey I ran into this feature that isn't implemented or is broken, can you please fix so I can continue the game" because it's going to soon become difficult to keep track of what's broken or isn't implemented and I like having some focus on what needs to be worked on next.

For now I've decided to shift gears and start implementing most of the SM-Only features from Aurora.  Just before this post I finished implementing the "All Research" button on the Colony Summary window (which as a side effect included adding support for about a dozen research categories that add instant racial bonuses such as wealth generation rate.)  SM Only features were on the to-do list anyway so I figured I might as well do some (or most) of them now.  This will help me set up situations for development and testing of new feature support faster than a normal campaign will do it, including adding support for most of the possible fleet orders.  I kind of want to break some ground into the star system generation code as well.  And maybe start over on a campaign of my own, with no log, just something for fun.  I'll be bouncing around for a bit.  Onward!

The following users thanked this post: Travolt

Offline Myvar

• Leading Rate
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »
Keeping track of things can be hard and will get harder when people start playing in the way you described, it might be worth creating a GitHub repo that is empty, you don't commit code to it or anything, it just has a Readme and thats it, then you use the Issue and Projects(very use full to plan and prioritize stuff) section to help you managed stuff.  This will especially be useful when others start playing, Valve does this for steam on linux: https://github. com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux they have a repo but its empty thay purely use it for admin

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2019, 07:31:05 AM »
The thing you did with "put a space in front of...", I always do that ingame to keep important ones at the top. But I do that with several levels of importance. Could you imagine adding a "level of importance" to the groups (which is a separate field) and then sort them first according to the group importance and then to the name? That would be awesome... .

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »
Progress update 2019-07-10:

This update focused on implementing many of the Spacemaster-only features from Aurora, an area which was I had previously left mostly incomplete.  Primarily I needed the 'Fast OB Creation' feature from the Spacemaster menu, to quickly create fleets for testing fleet orders as I start adding them in, but I added a lot more than that because it had to get done sooner or later anyway.  Adding these was pretty grindy so I'm glad to have them out of the way.  The following are now implemented, all of them only accessible when SM is enabled:

On the Industry tab:
- Add Missiles to population stockpile
- Add Maint Supplies to population stockpile
- Add Ship Components to population stockpile

On the Manage Shipyards tab:
- SM SY Mod button opens the Modify SY panel
- Add Shipyard
- Delete Shipyard
- Update shipyard slipways, capacity, and type

On the Research Tab:
- Instant RST button (Immediately research a project you created)

On the Env / GMC Tab:
- Set ATM button

On the Commanders window:
- Promote
- Demote
- Move commander to specified population
- Add extra officers
- Replace all (replaces entire officer corps with new randomly created officers based on a specified number of years)
- Reset commander to capital

On the Create New Research Project window:
- Immediately create and research the designed tech

On the Ships window:
- Refuel selected ship

On the System View (F9) window:
- HW Minerals (delete all deposits on selected body and randomly generate homeworld-like mineral distribution)
- JP Survey (survey all jump points in selected system)
- All SB Survey (instant geo survey of all bodies in system)
- Star SB Survey (same, but only for bodies of selected star)
- Body Survey (same, but only for selected body)
- No SB survey (set all sb's in system as unsurveyed)
- Add JP (Adds a new randomly generated warp point)
- Delete Jump Gate
- Delete JP
- Add JG
- Change JP bearing and distance
- Connect JP to other unlinked JP
- Break link between JP's

At the bottom of the F3 window:
- All Research (Immediately research all techs with cost and prereq costs below the specified amount)
- Field Res button (same as All Research but for only 1 of the 8 research fields)
- SM Mods button and corresponding window:

On the Main Menu:
- Deleted the Game Parameters menu. These options are all either irrelevant or not interesting
- Compact Database from the Misc menu (issues the sqlite 'vacuum' command)

And more new windows from the Main Menu > Spacemaster menu:
- Compare Tech (Also available from F3 Research tab):

- System Summary:

- Comparison (of races):

- Fast OB Creation:

Miscellaneous Musings:
- Always seems like I tick off a ton of To Do items with each progress update, this one included, yet there is always a lot more to do.  I do wish I could provide a relative percentage of my completion.  It's very hard to make clear to other people, heck, it's hard to know myself, what's done, what isn't done, and how close the program is to an actual game.  If someone were to create a granular list of absolutely everything that is possible in A4X, I would happily add it to my OP and start crossing off items as they were completed, but creating such a list is a huge chore and I bet it wouldn't even be detailed enough!

- I do check the quasar4x channel in Discord from time to time, and one topic that struck me was the conversion of A4X games to Q4X.  Seems like it's unclear why I support that and what the difficulty is to migrate a file.  In fact, it's extremely easy to migrate, and I do it many times a day for my own purposes.  All it requires is one command line.  Here is an example of me running it, with an extra 'date' command to show that a migration takes only ~30 seconds to complete:

Someone mentioned it was a waste of time to make this utility but a) I wouldn't be able to make quasar4x without it and b) the utility is already done; I did it, along with the majority of my db-diff scripts, before I created this thread!  If it wasn't clear before, Q4X doesn't just behave like A4X in game, it makes the same database manipulations too.  So any game from Aurora4x, no matter how advanced, is natively understood and handled properly after being converted to sqlite.  Q4X does add a few indexes and adjustments to speed up data access, but these are automatically created when the game is loaded for the first time.  The purpose of the migration tool is to enable me to quickly import an advanced Aurora game into Q4X to make sure the UI display and updates to DB are as similar as possible.  However!  It does have the completely coincidental side effect of allowing someone who was anxiously waiting to try Q4X for real to go ahead and start a game in A4X, and when the lag becomes unbearable, set it aside and import it into Q4X when its ready.

- QoL features: make no mistake, I'd love to add QoL stuff to Q4X the community has been wanting in A4X, but like it says in my OP, for now I need to keep my goal well-defined and reachable.  Let's have a playable game before we think about the feature creep.  Trust me I'm the first one to get frustrated after using a clunky tool a few times and want to redesign it with new QoL in mind.  Why do you think I created Q4X??  I lost patience with the slow turn times *real* fast and passionately wanted to fix the problem.   I think the majority of veterans here put up with way more minutes that I've ever been willing to deal with.

- 3rd party tools: Additionally, I think I've used most of the spreadsheets and calculators out there, and I've probably been just as frustrated as anyone else that the numbers don't always line up.  While it's a very long way off, I do at least share the vision that any calculator or spreadsheet should be able to exactly match what is done in the game.  I'd like to support this by either adding in in-game utilities, mod support for custom "spreadsheets", or at the very least be able to publicly post "excel" like formulas to help fill in the missing pieces. 

- Monitor sizes: I don't have a whole lot planned for supporting gigantic displays, but it shouldn't be too hard to add a UI scale slider some day.  That's only needed if the text is too small for you to read though.  The main window itself can be any size, *and* every window in the game is resizable by dragging on the edge, and the UI elements all readjust themselves accordingly. My only regret is that the game is confined to a rectangular "master" window, rather than the A4X style of multiple independent dialogs.  Afaik, that will never change.  But!  Did I mention I want to support tablets some day?  I think I did in my OP.. either way, Godot does support deploying to Android and I've already confirmed Quasar4x works on my phone, but that was a long time ago.  I eagerly look forward to being able to take Q4X on the road with me some day.  I just hope the game doesn't instantly melt the batteries..

- Pies in the Sky: Can you tell I'm not afraid to talk about stuff that is probably years away from becoming a reality, if ever?  That's the nice thing about a hobby project with no deadline, budget, boss, producer, etc...  It's no skin off my back if "promises" are broken!

- Coding language: When I record the cool animations of time passing, computations are done with debug mode enabled and purely* in GDScript.  Additionally I don't go out of my way to optimize anything, that is for much later on.  Still everything is quite fast.  The reason for this is that my code makes heavy use of queries and database updates written in SQL.  There are entire functions that are not much more than a series of SQL statements.  These are all passed to the sqlite3 dll (.so in linux) which is written entirely in C.  C is a very fast language, about as close as it gets to assembly language.  The sqlite3 dll of course has been extremely well refined over the years, and the SQL language itself has been heavily analyzed and has numerous optimizations that sqlite3 implements.  These facts don't help much with your traditional video game, but they are perfect for Quasar4x.  (I do still plan to make use of C++ for intensive calculations such as pathfinding)

Latest build pushed.  Where do I go from here?  Well, I had a few more items on my Spacemaster-only list but I'm kind of sick of this vein of work so I'm most likely going to jump into the next items on my list from my 2019-07-01 update, fleet orders being the most likely thing I take on next. 

The following users thanked this post: ExChairman, tws029, Jovus, procdrone

Offline procdrone

• Leading Rate
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2019, 10:39:19 PM »
As for QoL, like on discord, ill keep it up here as well.

Do the basic first, wrap the project and then add QoL or features.

Feature creep is simply the worst thing that might happen to developing project.
Well that, and the abandonment (i pray to all gods that not. )

Cheers on the new update, the steady progress you're making shows how much work you are pushing into this.  its absolutely insane.  We are all proud.

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »
Progress update 2019-07-16:

Just a quick update to "come up for air", no screenshots this time.  I'm going through all the fleet orders implementing them and doing all the side-tasks that pop up as well.  Here's all possible fleet orders and what's been done:

Standard Transit
Move to
Join
Load Colonists
Refuel Target Fleet
Unload Colonists
Refuel from Colony
Divide Fleet into Single Ships
Geological Survey
Gravitational Survey
Load Fuel Refinery
Load Construction Factory
Load Mine
Load Infrastructure
Load Automated Mine
Unload Fuel Refinery
Unload Construction Factory
Unload Mine
Unload Infrastructure
Unload Automated Mine
Refuel from own Tankers
Reload Own Fleet from Colliers
Provide Ordnance Reload for
Load Ordnance from Colony
Load Tracking Station
Unload Tracking Station
Squadron Transit
Land on Assigned Mothership
Follow
Load [Mineral Type]
Unload [Mineral Type]
Load All Minerals
Unload All Minerals
Build Jump Gate
Unload 90% Fuel to Colony
Refuel from Target Fleet
Activate Shields
Deactivate Shields
Load [Mineral Type] when X available
Pickup Commander
Drop Off Commander
Load Ground Unit into Transport Bay
Unload Ground Unit from Transport Bay
Unload All Ground Units from Transport Bay
Enter Hyper Speed
Leave Hyper Speed
Equalise Fuel Percentage
Equalise Maintenance Supplies
Incorporate Sub-Fleets
Transit and Divide Fleet
Detach Non-Survey Ships
Unload All Installations
Rescue Survivors
Unload Survivors
Deploy Escorts
Detach Tankers
Detach Colliers
Active Sensors On
Active Sensors Off
Pickup Team
Drop Off Team
Salvage
Load Research Lab Components
Unload Research Lab Components
Send Message
Load Maintenance Facility
Unload Maintenance Facility
Load Mass Driver
Unload Mass Driver
Begin Overhaul (rewind clock)
Abandon Overhaul
Absorb
Activate Transponder
Deactivate Transponder
Intra-system Jump
Resupply from Colony
Resupply Target Fleet
Resupply from Target Fleet
Resupply from own Supply Ships
Unload 90% Maint Supplies to Colony
Load PDC Component
Unload PDC Component
Extended Orbit
Launch Missiles at
Load Terraforming Installation Components
Unload Terraforming Installation Components
Load Trade Goods
Unload Trade Goods
Move To Trade Location
Picket (Speed 1km/s)
Load Ship Component
Unload Ship Component
Load Ground Unit into Drop Module
Combat Drop Ground Unit
Load GU into Drop Module from Fleet
Load GU into Drop Module within Fleet
Attempt Boarding Action
Load Ordnance Factory
Unload Ordnance Factory
Load Fighter Factory
Unload Fighter Factory
Move To Wreck
Move to Mineral Site
Load Genetic Modification Centre
Unload Genetic Modification Centre
Receive Cargo
Unload Ordnance to Colony
Land on Specified Mothership (No Assign)
Land on Specified Mothership (+ Assign)
Tractor Specified Ship
Tractor Specified Shipyard
Release Tractored Ships
Release Tractored Shipyards
Load GFTF Components
Unload GFTF Components
Load/Unload Minerals to Reserve Level
Load/Unload Fuel (To Set Level)
Load/Unload Supplies (To Set Level)
Add Replacement Crew
Enter Wormhole

I've been using SM tools to quickly set up isolated scenarios for these.  Progress through this list should speed up a bit, as the first few fleet order types led me to add or update some of the underlying framework.  (On the other hand, I've been going at a more relaxed pace lately)  The 'load colonists' order includes support for partial loading.  The Transit fleet order was a big one.  It adds support, for the first time in Q4X, for passing through a jump gate and arriving at a newly generated system on the other side.  Currently, you arrive at the Barnard's Star system with the same layout every time, but it's all ready for the randomness to be added.

Whenever this list is finally done to my satisfaction, most likely I'll be working on conditional and default orders next.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »
A question about Fleet Orders:

In VB6 Aurora, most (but definitely not all) unload orders will create a colony at the destination if there isn't one.  This leads to two bugs:  (A) the rare order that does not automatically create a colony, causing items to disappear or future orders to fail, and (B) the creation of multiple colonies on the same rock, because (for example) installations were sent from two different sources.

Will Quasar alter these errors in some way?