Author Topic: Add graph showing historical +/- of minerals  (Read 1444 times)

Offline firefly2442 (OP)

• Leading Rate
Add graph showing historical +/- of minerals
« on: November 10, 2020, 10:29:43 PM »
When you select a location like Earth and then click on the mining tab, it gives you information about the stockpile, production, and so on.   However, it's harder to see aggregate changes based on either freighters offloading minerals or mass driver packets being deposited.   The +/- displayed is only based on the most recent sub-pulse tick which can change and fluctuate.   It would be great to have some type of simple line graph showing historical changes of various minerals.   When I have over a dozen civilian mining colonies up and running in the Sol system, it's tough to track if Earth is receiving enough material to build that next ship.   X-axis would be time, Y-axis would be amount, and then maybe a drop-down selector to pick the mineral in question.   There appear to be a number of open source C# libraries out there for graphing that perhaps Steve could use.   Anyway, thanks for reading.

The following users thanked this post: orfeusz, Dawa1147, Ektor, Zhatelier

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
Re: Add graph showing historical +/- of minerals
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 10:35:06 PM »
This would be really useful.

The following users thanked this post: Aurex

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 01:19:03 AM »
I would like this feature. It would be nice to have a graph showing stockpile over time, per colony, per system, per sector and a total for the whole empire. With time limits like last 6 months, 12 months, 5 years, 10 years and whole time. And ideally it would remember the last settings too.

It would also be nice to have the same for wealth.

The +/- displayed is only based on the most recent sub-pulse tick which can change and fluctuate.   
I think this would be much more useful if it showed the change for the whole of the last production cycle, that way you have a single timeframe to work with.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 03:51:36 AM »
[...]
I think this would be much more useful if it showed the change for the whole of the last production cycle, that way you have a single timeframe to work with.
I think everyone think and plan in diffrent way, so best would be to also have 1 day /30 days / 1 year option. Just like in those interactive stock graphs.
Only in Death does Duty End