Author Topic: OMG!  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Woozywyvern (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • W
OMG!
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:34:18 AM »
Just found this game, and was skeptical at first about the learning curve but loaded it up last night, and I can honestly say it has been a very long time that a game has made me look forward to getting home from work so much.

I only played an hour or two last night, and barely scratched the surface I guess but what I did do I enjoyed thoroughly.

I have a feeling this game is going to be freakin' awesome!

Expect many questions shortly :)

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
Re: OMG!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
Welcome to the Aurorean sect.
First little piece of advice : avoid the spoiler forum, and maybe some of the fiction - I've read it a bit too much too early myself, and now some intended surprises are not very surprising.

Offline thogrinn

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
Quote from: Woozywyvern link=topic=5854.  msg59791#msg59791 date=1358951658

I have a feeling this game is going to be freakin' awesome!

Ok, the same here ; 2hrs on game and AWESOME.   

Thank you very much, go on and see ya in the stars.   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:09:15 PM by thogrinn »

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
best advice I can give:

you're going to be tempted in the near future to roll out a fleet of warships all at once. Do this. However, design them all FIRST then post them all on the bureau of ship
design so that people there can help you pick them apart, and identify what's missing.

I will never be able to recapture the nostalgia of my first game, but I had to start another one when I spent 5 years contstructing a huge spacefleet, hurled it against a small
cluster of enemy startships, and learned the hard way that you need active sensors to target enemy warships.

Checking out the designs posted there will also help you gauge how ships should work...for instance, the right size and range for a missile cruiser.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline thogrinn

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
Quote from: Theodidactus link=topic=5854. msg60972#msg60972 date=1362598916
best advice I can give:

you're going to be tempted in the near future to roll out a fleet of warships all at once.  Do this.  However, design them all FIRST then post them all on the bureau of ship
design so that people there can help you pick them apart, and identify what's missing. 

I will never be able to recapture the nostalgia of my first game, but I had to start another one when I spent 5 years contstructing a huge spacefleet, hurled it against a small
cluster of enemy startships, and learned the hard way that you need active sensors to target enemy warships. 

Checking out the designs posted there will also help you gauge how ships should work. . . for instance, the right size and range for a missile cruiser. 

Check ! Thanx.   ;)

Offline Cocyte

• C
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »
... learned the hard way that you need active sensors to target enemy warships.

This is not that big of an issue... It's easy to quickly design a dedicated sensor platform.
Forgetting some minor systems like "fire controls" or "fuel tanks" makes for some very nasty facepalm material

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »
This is not that big of an issue... It's easy to quickly design a dedicated sensor platform.
Forgetting some minor systems like "fire controls" or "fuel tanks" makes for some very nasty facepalm material

The UI does tend to notify you of these sorts of mistakes though.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

Yeah but my situation was that I discovered this...in COMBAT
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline oldark

• Petty Officer
  • o
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:35 AM »
Still trying to figure out combat myself.  My first attempted fleet forgot fuel tanks and all ran out of fuel something like 9 days out :/

Offline Cocyte

• C
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
The UI does tend to notify you of these sorts of mistakes though.

Still trying to figure out combat myself.  My first attempted fleet forgot fuel tanks and all ran out of fuel something like 9 days out :/

Coicidence?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
Ships have 50k liters of fuel by default. So 1 tank is still a valid design. Just not going to get far.