Author Topic: Pickup failed: couldn't load None from celestial_body_name?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
Pickup failed: couldn't load None from celestial_body_name?
« on: January 03, 2021, 03:03:34 PM »
So I got this notification.  I had it at the very beginning when transporting minerals from Moon before building mass drivers.  Then I reached for the stars, so mass drivers were no longer an option.  Transporting minerals from Alpha Centauri was fine, but then when transporting them from Proxima b I got this "thing" once again.

I could use that one external tool to flip this event as not pasuing the game and call it a day.  Except no minerals are loaded.  My fleet has a simple cycle of "load all at Proxima b, unload all on Earth, refuel" orders.

Did anyone got this and knows what's happening? I didn't find the issue while googling for what little aurora-related stuff floats out there online.

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: Pickup failed: couldn't load None from celestial_body_name?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »
Most likely the problem is that your freighter doesn't have any cargo shuttle bays.
The only time your  freighter doesn't need cargo shuttle bays is if the planet has a spaceport or Cargo Shuttle Station.

Then I reached for the stars, so mass drivers were no longer an option. 
I don't understand what this means.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 03:40:05 PM »

I think he means that he has an extra-solar colony somewhere to get minerals from.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 03:41:03 PM »
Most likely the problem is that your freighter doesn't have any cargo shuttle bays.

I believe he was in another star system so mass drivers were not an option to transport back minerals on Earth.

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 03:51:25 PM »
Quote from: Migi link=topic=12243.  msg145772#msg145772 date=1609709878
The only time your  freighter doesn't need cargo shuttle bays is if the planet has a spaceport or Cargo Shuttle Station.

Code: [Select]
Avalanche class Freighter      97,011 tons       422 Crew       2,070.2 BP       TCS 1,940    TH 5,000    EM 0
2577 km/s    JR 2-25(C)      Armour 1-188       Shields 0-0       HTK 110      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 13    Max Repair 125 MSP
Cargo 50,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 30   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months   

JC98K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 97500 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2

Commercial Internal Fusion Drive  EP500.0 (10)    Power 5000    Fuel Use 5.53%    Signature 500    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 2,000,000 Litres    Range 67.1 billion km (301 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

How this thing does not have cargo shuttle bay in your opinion? That's not the case.   Besides, the usage of this very freighter for transporting minerals from Alpha Centauri works without problems.  .  . 

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 03:55:13 PM »
So I got this notification.  I had it at the very beginning when transporting minerals from Moon before building mass drivers.  Then I reached for the stars, so mass drivers were no longer an option.  Transporting minerals from Alpha Centauri was fine, but then when transporting them from Proxima b I got this "thing" once again.

I could use that one external tool to flip this event as not pasuing the game and call it a day.  Except no minerals are loaded.  My fleet has a simple cycle of "load all at Proxima b, unload all on Earth, refuel" orders.

Did anyone got this and knows what's happening? I didn't find the issue while googling for what little aurora-related stuff floats out there online.
You are trying to load minerals that aren't present.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 04:01:30 PM »
Quote from: Migi link=topic=12243.  msg145772#msg145772 date=1609709878

Code: [Select]
Avalanche class Freighter      97,011 tons       422 Crew       2,070.2 BP       TCS 1,940    TH 5,000    EM 0
2577 km/s    JR 2-25(C)      Armour 1-188       Shields 0-0       HTK 110      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 13    Max Repair 125 MSP
Cargo 50,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 30   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months   

JC98K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 97500 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2

Commercial Internal Fusion Drive  EP500.0 (10)    Power 5000    Fuel Use 5.53%    Signature 500    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 2,000,000 Litres    Range 67.1 billion km (301 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

How this thing does not have cargo shuttle bay in your opinion? That's not the case.   Besides, the usage of this very freighter for transporting minerals from Alpha Centauri works without problems.  .  .
There do appear to be cargo shuttles in that design, however you didn't state in your first post that there were cargo shuttles on the freighters and it is a very common mistake for people to make.

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 04:03:20 PM »
Fair enough, I just don't get what's going on there. And I'd rather not have to micromanage each iteration of mineral transfer for every star I'm going to colonize in the future...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »
Fair enough, I just don't get what's going on there. And I'd rather not have to micromanage each iteration of mineral transfer for every star I'm going to colonize in the future...

Try using the "load minerals until full" order when this happens instead. Your freighters might be emptying out the planet too quickly

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 04:09:29 PM »
Actually given the current production rate that might be the case... Except... Isn't "load all minerals" be supposed to just load whatever there is and then come back once either the total stockpile is empty or cargo is full? I'd rather avoid "load until full", because with the current production and cargo that's going to take way too much time for my liking, minerals should come rather often, even if in small quantities, for the smooth production.

P.S. I use only one ship that ever goes to that planet if that matters for whatever reason.

Offline Squigles

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 04:19:56 PM »
Is the error message you're getting exactly as you've posted it?

The "Couldn't load None" portion of the message is the message for trying to load up minerals from a colony with none.   However, it should tag it with the name of the colony you're attempting to pick up from.   Such as "couldn't load None from Luna", or "couldn't load None from Phobos", etc. 

If it's actually coming back with "celestial_body_name", unless that's literally what you named the colony, it would appear it's not trying to pick up from the colony you're targeting at all.   Rather, it appears to be trying to pick up from something undefined? I don't know enough to say for certain, but this one reeks of a DB error. 

Edit: Technically I think it should be "unable to load None".

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 04:30:08 PM »
I mean, yeah, it's like "unable to load None from Proxima Centauri b" stuff. Thought celestial_body_name will be understood as a generic tag indicating that the name of the celestial body appears in this place. And there definitely are minerals on that planet. The mines are working, stockpile is greater than zero when this notification pops up and there's only one ship that ever visits this planet which is my lonely freighter that's there to pick up minerals.

Offline Squigles

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 04:48:58 PM »
So, the only other thing I can come up with at all is that the message will also appear if you're unable load anything at all.   As we already established you do have the hardware to load things, it is possible that your freighter is full. 

Perhaps it was used to move installations around at some point and still has some aboard?

Double check that the freighter is empty.   If that's not it, I'm at a loss. 

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 05:00:32 PM »
The freighter literally never was assigned to do anything but this single mineral transport and after every pickup it's supposed to unload all of them. It's so lonely and empty inside.

Offline Twilight Sentinel

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 05:17:47 PM »
That's the message you get when there's no minerals to pickup.   You can ignore it and let the ship continue with its orders if you've got it cycling moves.   This often happens when I've got a freighter moving auto mines out and taking minerals back.   The first time there's no minerals to pick up, but on subsequent trips there will be.