Author Topic: Too Many Civilians  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Too Many Civilians
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
The amount of civilians hanging around Earth is seriously beginning to impact my ability actually see what is going on around the planet and also slowing down my game. Is there a way to make them invisible but still be able to see my own fleets?

What are they even building all these freighters for? My colonies cannot support any more people and they don't seem to ship their own infrastructure. I guess I have to make it. Will they ship minerals automatically as well if, say, I want to build a factory on Mars that doesn't have enough of their own?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:40:19 PM by BasileusMaximos »

Offline xXKageAsashinXx

• Scrublord
  • Petty Officer
  • Shameful dispray!
Re: Too Many Civilians...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:41:08 PM »
As far as I know, civilian shipping lines only proactively move colonists and trade goods around.  Maybe they'll move the occasional infrastructure on their own, but other than that everything has to be done manually by either using your own ships or giving them contracts that they sometimes don't do.

That moment when you see the alien force, and realize it's bigger than yours.  

Iranon

Re: Too Many Civilians
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
I don't know of a way to hide them, but you can commandeer their ships with a tugboat.
Be careful though, iirc the civilians can still scrap them and you lose all ships in their task group when they do so.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »
Go to Contacts sub-menu, find the drop-down menu and select "No Civilians". They move the products that the commercial, civilian sector produces, which includes "free" Infrastructure if there is a demand somewhere.

You can also issue them contracts to move your installations around through the F2 window.

Iranon

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
Oops, do I feel silly now... I even used to use it a lot. Don't drink and post, I suppose.